Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: SE insult early 2011 Xperia customers

I don't like the word "semi-discontinued". I bought my Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo a month ago. It really is unfair, if I was Sony Ericsson I would announce that they would be released at the same time even if there would be a few weeks difference.

Sage
FrontierGate

You bought Xperia™ Neo, not Xperia™ Neo V?

Good for you.  Xperia Neo should be sold out everywhere almost.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

I think if SE fix the list of issues (Click here http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/140402#140402 )

we wouldn't mind the waiting as much

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Mr. Burns.jpg

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

@Larryg4438 I don't know what you posted, but leave profanity aside :smileysilly:; if that was the case

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

mr burns.gif

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

Kodos.gif

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

mr burns.gif

slimshaddy

this one is better :smileylaugh:

Funny Simpsons Wallpaper Poze Desktop Simpsons Kids.jpg

Anonymous(anon)

I am using xperia arc relased in early 2011 (that is the 1.0GHz one). Basically xperia arc and xperia arc s are the same, the former one uses Qualcomm MSM8255 while the latter one uses Qualcomm MSM8255T, the only difference is the clock rate of the CPU, this is just similar to desktop PCs, when you overclock the processor, technically it is still the same computer. To me xperia arc and xperia arc s are EXACTLY THE SAME.

I understand if SE or Sony makes ICS available to all xperia phones, this will impose severe load to its update servers. Even when 2.3.4 update was out, I could not even connect to the update server via PC Companion on the 1st dat of update. However, priority of update should be determined by the release time of the phone, this is just simply unfair, and disappoint most of the users, especially the long-time supporters of SE. It would be more fair if the update is scheduled by the popularity of the phones, at least fewer people would be disappointed.

But SE or Sony is doing better ICS upgrade than other vendors, at least all 2011 phones can be upgraded to ICS. Non-flagship users of such vendors don't even know if their phone can receive ICS upgrade, like the upgrade for Incredible S is still unknow even it uses MSM8255(same as arc) and larger RAM and internal storage. Galaxy S won't be able to do so despite of its similar performance to xperia arc.

I know as a ordinary consumers we can't do a lot to cause a change to business plans. So I can only consider arc s, neo v and ray as bug-testers of the 1st ICS ROM. Until the updates for earlier phones, I expect an ICS ROM with bugs which are discovered on arc s, neo v and ray fixed.