Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Commissioner
FrontierGate

Re: SE insult early 2011 Xperia customers

But if people were to buy a Xperia arc phone today, they would buy the Arc S and not the Arc.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

yes and no, who would buy an Arc if the new phones are about to be announced in 19 days

Greenhorn
kapil1

No if you look at Xperia Arc and Arc S, you would notice that the colours available for Arc are more dynamic than the Arc S (midnight blue vs a white color). Further the features are all the same. Arc has got the 2.3.4 which has the same features and updates which were installed in Arc S at the time of its launch- be it camera features like 3D panorama, digital zoom, etc or music features like X- Loud or other features in themes, contacts, facebook integration etc. As far as processor is concerned, both have a single processor, Arc S just has 1.4GHz capacity vs 1GHz in Arc...these reasons have forced many buyers to stick to the Arc. i do not say Arc S should not be bought. In fact, had i not got a Arc i would have given a thought to buy Arc S, but in terms of cost economic terms- there is not much difference between the Arc and its Update Arc S. In fact, Sony should keep the two models in tandom as they can really sell more of these given the inherent features they carry and should not avoid their flagship big screen (4.2inch) ARC.

Commissioner
FrontierGate

Well, Sony Tablet™ S will also get Android 4.0 later.

In the meantime, they have this:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/16/sony-tablet-s-update-lets-you-play-with-ps3-controllers-cable-a/

I want it. :smileycry:

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

yeah, but as of right now, Sony and Sony Ericsson aren't the same company

Anonymous(anon)

Even though the updates are coming on time, I sincerely pray they don't repeat the 2.1 upgrade debacle (was a previous X10 Mini Pro User!)!!

But as you said, it is surprising that they have chosen the phones that entered the market later for its upgrade!! As such there isn't any big difference either in the hardware/software save for the Mini/Mini Pro, which might require more time!

on a side note, it's a consolation that SE is upgrading its entire 2011 line up officially to ICS, which many others like HTC, Samsung, LG have not pledged.

Trustee
Samuel

Hey guys. I guessed that a thread would pop up about this sooner or later. As I'm sure you all understand, we would love to give everyone the update at the same time if we could. But since we do not have limitless resources we have to prioritize some phones and now it is the Arc S, Neo V and Ray that will get the update first.

If it were the other way round, that you bought the new Arc S, and we would have started the ICS rollout for the "old" Arc, I guess you had felt the same way, you have a new phone but you don't get the latest update. In one way or another someone unfortunately will get disappointed. 

I know you all are eager to get the update, and you will, but please try to be patient. After all, we have promised ICS for all 2011 phones and hopefully you won't have to wait more then about a month longer if you have a early 2011 phone.

We learned a lot as a company during the release of 2.1 which, when looking back, could have been handled better in my opinion. Ofcourse all of your feedback is taken in consideration and is forwarded to the ones responsible for these questions.

Commissioner
FrontierGate

Motorola, HTC, Samsung and LG never said they won't upgrade any of their 2011 phones either.

Commissioner
FrontierGate

I don't mind getting it later than Xperia™ arc S, Xperia™ neo V and Xperia™ ray.

This is basically a business decision.  You want to push upgrade faster to current flagship phones in order to compete with other companies' current phones.

But I wish you could push up the schedule as soon as possible.  Instead of End of April and Early May, make it End of March and Early April.

slimshaddy

but sony send their neo and arc for some thing , some registration or something :smileylaugh: ( obviously a rumour :smileyhappy: )

i agree that " someone will get disappointed" :smileywink:

but please release it asap :smileysilly: