Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Enthusiast
dynax303

Remove WhatsApp

There is a way to remove WhatsApp from Xperia Arc?

There are no "Uninstall" button available on App Management.

Trustee
Annie

Re: Remove WhatsApp

Hi,

By going to Settings > Applications > Manage applications, once you select the app, the top right option should be "Uninstall", if not, you can access the Market™ and remove the app from there.

Enthusiast
dynax303

The Market do not list the application and in the "Manager Application" there is not "Unistall" :smileysad:

Tha application came pre-installed on my Xperia Arc but I cannot remove it!? why?

I can try to reinstall from market then unistalling... I will try.

Enthusiast
dynax303

Nothing to do. Seem that the App is "uninstall" protected on my phone!

I can only remove updates! :smileysad:

Why??

Trustee
Annie

Please tell me the software version that you have. If the app is pre-installed, it cannot be removed.

Enthusiast
dynax303

The application is pre-installed. Why I cannot remove it if I do not use it?

Community Manager
Johan

Different software customizations comes with different pre installed applications, and it's unfortunately not possible to uninstall pre installed applications.

Anonymous(anon)

Is there any other way to fully uninstall WhatsApp on my phone? I believe it was one of the pre-installed software on my Xperia Arc, but after the forced WhatsApp update it stopped working.

I've tried uninstalling it (from Manage Applications), and even removed the WhatsApp folder from the card. However, when I reboot my phone, I see the application back (it the Manage Applications). When I tried launching it, I get the failure error "Sorry, WhatsApp was unable to complete initialization. Please check that you are connected to the Internet and try again" (obviously I am connected to the internet). :smileysad:

Nabeel

you need to root your phone in order to remove the bloatware

Need any help related to moderation? message me or any other moderator.

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks for the suggestion.. I'm not tech savvy enough to root the phone :smileyhappy: so I had no option but to do a factory reset, which fixed the problem.