Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)
Accepted Solution

Please help me clarify my Xperia arc S original or fake?

Hello friends,

I have recently bought a new Xperia arc S from an online shop. The item is delivered just in time and, unfortunately, already unboxed.

The phone itself looks good. However i see it has a stamp with some Chinese words after removing the back cover.

The box is looks quite old. And the seal sticked on the box was printed with typo errors: mobil instead of mobile, insder instead of insider.

All above things make me confuse and feel like i have bought a faked phone.

Please, SE technicians and fans, take a look at the attached photos and help me clarify the problem.

Thank you very much for your support.

slimshaddy

Re: Please help me clarify my Xperia arc S original or fake?

that chinese symbol is odd..

i dont know if you read the terms and conditions of the site..but no site delevers unboxed items..

just download pc companion on your computer..

conect your phone ( you will get a pop up saying install pc companion ) if  PCC recognises your phone then it must be a real arc s :smileywink:

One time poster
Auni

I think it's a copy of the original ARC S. But certainly a good copy i guess.

In the last picture have you seen one information is given wrong.

EDGE is written as EDEG

In an original box Sony Ericsson will never do that kind of mistake.

And also in the device back sticker it should be written that Made by China or Sony Ericsson.

wrttien on my device, i saw.

I am not an expert but, It's probably a copy or little bit used then repaired. Because there is a little sticker just beside the SIM tray, and there something is written by a PEN, which is surprising.

In a brand new device nothing will be there like this unless, you buy from Carrier.

One time poster
Auni

DSC_0001.JPG

This is how my ARC S box sticker looks like.

slimshaddy

you are absolutely right..

the spelling mistake..

slimshaddy

i was searching for the box only on google..but there was no pic of this..and my box is in another rom downstairs..will check mine also and update it hjere..

Anonymous(anon)

I've just downloaded and installed the Sony Ericsson PC Companion software. After tethering, PC Companion recognized my phone as Xperia arc S (LT18). However, as printed in the phone's box and the back of the phone (when removing the back cover and battery), my phone is LT18i instead of LT18.

Does this make any sense that my phone is really a faked one?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

it's the same thing, there are 2 versions of pretty much each Xperia (but Xperia Play, there are 3)

LT18i and LT18a, the only difference is the 3G frequency

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Below link is the hardware information of my Xperia arc S reported by the Android System Info app:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1cNXNpZX1NfjKzwxa96bNciFc_UJe8TzbSgs07_-KShk

Please help me confirm if it is correct or not.

If it is correct then i think my phone is, hopefully, not a faked one.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

it doesn't seem to be a fake phone

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)