Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Please help me clarify my Xperia arc S original or fake?

I've just found one more thing. While the IMEI printed in the phone's back and in the box's sticker is are matched, the S/N are not.

S/N in phone's back: CB5A1JEMZT

S/N in box's sticker: CB50R04XAH

Is this proper in an original Xperia arc S package?

slimshaddy

well if there are lots of proble..you should replace it.. see the replaceent conditions of the site... asap..

go to settings > about phone

and check the imie number there also and match with box..

Anonymous(anon)

1 - Go to Menu and about phone make sure model is LT15i, and that it has a IMEI number

2 - Download Quadrant Standard and Check the phone performance and Speed...Here's 2 screenshot of mine, http://www.box.com/embed/ah4ltf06z09hfp4.swf, http://www.box.com/embed/z9p4zsfcmhjxoyq.swf

your should look very similar to it.

3 - Test Wifi connection/mobile connect, watch a video, play some song, make some phone call, reset phone with PC Companion, register to gmail, download 1-2 item from market...

If everything work....in my opinion its a normal phone.

If you still feel insecurity....I HIGHLY recommended that you return for refund, and order another 1 elsewhere.

One time poster
Auni

If it is ARC S, then it should be either LT18i or LT18.

Not LT15i

Anonymous(anon)

My deepiest apologies, didn't see the S :")

in that case Auni's right, LT18i or LT18

and you're CPU speed should be no less than 1400mhz.....Use the Info from Quadrant and hidden menu  *#*#7378423#*#*    to match up the spec listed for Xperia Arc S

One time poster
Auni

Haha. It's fine buddy. But even if it is an original device, still i think that it's a repaired one.

The reason i am saying because of the oval shape sticker just beside the SIM tray.

Couple of months ago I had to repair two devices from a service centre, I saw this type of sticker on these repaired handset. 

So i think if possible, replace it.

slimshaddy

and he also told that the serial number does not matches.. so box is different.. i asked him to check the imei number also..

Anonymous(anon)

Thank you for your very kind support.

The phone i received is a refurbished one.

Yesterday, i had taken a trip to the store where i bought the phone via their website, approximately 500 km to go there then return. They confirmed that they had shipped wrong item, which is a refurbished one, for me. Then they exchanged a brand new item for me.

I've just compared the new box's sticker with the photo uploaded by Auni and see that, except these S/N, IMEI, etc. number and the importer's name, they look the same. The S/N and IMEI printed in the new phone's back also match what printed in its box.

I really love the design of Xperia arc S. If it has a dual-core CPU and better GPU, such as PowerVR SGX540, Xperia arc S would properly kick Samsung Galaxy S 2 out.

I am very happy now.

:smileyhappy:

slimshaddy

hmm :smileywink:

One time poster
Auni

Well it's a good news that you got the replacement.:smileyhappy:

Now enjoy your ARC S.