Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Please help me clarify my Xperia arc S original or fake?

I've just found one more thing. While the IMEI printed in the phone's back and in the box's sticker is are matched, the S/N are not.

S/N in phone's back: CB5A1JEMZT

S/N in box's sticker: CB50R04XAH

Is this proper in an original Xperia arc S package?

slimshaddy

well if there are lots of proble..you should replace it.. see the replaceent conditions of the site... asap..

go to settings > about phone

and check the imie number there also and match with box..

Anonymous(anon)

1 - Go to Menu and about phone make sure model is LT15i, and that it has a IMEI number

2 - Download Quadrant Standard and Check the phone performance and Speed...Here's 2 screenshot of mine, http://www.box.com/embed/ah4ltf06z09hfp4.swf, http://www.box.com/embed/z9p4zsfcmhjxoyq.swf

your should look very similar to it.

3 - Test Wifi connection/mobile connect, watch a video, play some song, make some phone call, reset phone with PC Companion, register to gmail, download 1-2 item from market...

If everything work....in my opinion its a normal phone.

If you still feel insecurity....I HIGHLY recommended that you return for refund, and order another 1 elsewhere.

One time poster
Auni

If it is ARC S, then it should be either LT18i or LT18.

Not LT15i

Anonymous(anon)

My deepiest apologies, didn't see the S :")

in that case Auni's right, LT18i or LT18

and you're CPU speed should be no less than 1400mhz.....Use the Info from Quadrant and hidden menu  *#*#7378423#*#*    to match up the spec listed for Xperia Arc S

One time poster
Auni

Haha. It's fine buddy. But even if it is an original device, still i think that it's a repaired one.

The reason i am saying because of the oval shape sticker just beside the SIM tray.

Couple of months ago I had to repair two devices from a service centre, I saw this type of sticker on these repaired handset. 

So i think if possible, replace it.

slimshaddy

and he also told that the serial number does not matches.. so box is different.. i asked him to check the imei number also..

Anonymous(anon)

Thank you for your very kind support.

The phone i received is a refurbished one.

Yesterday, i had taken a trip to the store where i bought the phone via their website, approximately 500 km to go there then return. They confirmed that they had shipped wrong item, which is a refurbished one, for me. Then they exchanged a brand new item for me.

I've just compared the new box's sticker with the photo uploaded by Auni and see that, except these S/N, IMEI, etc. number and the importer's name, they look the same. The S/N and IMEI printed in the new phone's back also match what printed in its box.

I really love the design of Xperia arc S. If it has a dual-core CPU and better GPU, such as PowerVR SGX540, Xperia arc S would properly kick Samsung Galaxy S 2 out.

I am very happy now.

:smileyhappy:

slimshaddy

hmm :smileywink:

One time poster
Auni

Well it's a good news that you got the replacement.:smileyhappy:

Now enjoy your ARC S.