Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

PHONE STOLEN... what to do

my xperia arc was yesterday stolen from me... Iwant to know what i can do to track it down... i had registered for the free Mcafee mobile security software that comes with the latest update of the phone software but donot have any other security reelated apps installed... anyone knows what can be done?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: PHONE STOLEN... what to do

sadly if the person who stole your phone turned off your phone it can't be tracked, also if they used PCC or SEUS to repair/update the phone its as brand new. if you know your IMEI number you can inform your network about it and if someone try to activate it with them, then they can see its stolen

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

thanks for th reply

yes i do have the imei number with me nd have alreadry registered a complaint with the police... how  can the network guys help me with tracking the phone? the sim card has been removed from the phone... also the mcafee security has  tracking ability for the paid version but i dont know if purchasing now will need a new install on phone... im counting on the fact that the theif will eventually turn the phone on.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

you should contact mcafee asap they might be able to help you

https://techmaster.mcafee.com/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Trustee
Markus

Sorry to hear this.

They can probably not help track it but they should be able to blacklist the IMEI number making the phone useless and unavailable to any network in your country. Always something I suppose. Most network operators demands a police complaint number for doing this so make sure to have it at hand.

Anonymous(anon)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout.labs.planb

Try the Plan B app. It should be able to locate your phone if your Google account is still active in the phone.