Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
maqtanim

Moving the apps to SD card

Hi everyone,

I am very much new to the Xperia world. I've bought Xperia arc S recently (which is my first ever android phone). To save the internal memory space of the phone I tried to install the apps directly into the SD card. After googling a while I found out that it is possible to transfer 'some' applications in to the SD card. Suppose If I want to transfer the Angry Bird app, then I should follow the following steps:

Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Angry birds > Move to SD card

Now I've two questions regarding this transfer:

1. When I connect the phone with my PC, I cannot see the transfered file. Can anyone please tell me in which directory the app has been transfered?

2. Before the transfer process of Angry Bird, on the "Move to SD card" step, it was showing that the app was using 17.9 MB disk space. After the transfer it is showing that it is using 1.16 MB space. It is still using the internal memory. Shoudn't the later one be 0.00 MB? 

Thank you all for reading my first post with patience.

slimshaddy

Re: Moving the apps to SD card

hmm ,

1. well the app format is apk which you cannot see directly :smileyhappy: no one can , you can see only if you are rooted.. rooting is a complex process..

2. well even after you transfer the file to sd card , some part of the app is saved in the internal memory :smileyhappy:

thats where apk file is stored i think...

One time poster
maqtanim

Thanks for clarifying ... :smileyhappy:

slimshaddy

so any more questions..??

mark helpful and correct answers..

One time poster
maqtanim

Yes, indeed I have lots of questions regarding various things of Xperia. :smileyhappy: I'll get back to them shortly.

slimshaddy wrote:

mark helpful and correct answers..

Thanks for the tip, I've already done that. :smileyhappy:

slimshaddy

ok , you know where to ask now :smileywink: