Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Latest official news regarding the ICS update

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/products/2012/03/30/the-vans-around-the-corner-android-4-0-ice-cream-san...

short version:

The first Xperia models to receive the upgrade will be Xperia arc S, Xperia neo V and Xperia ray. For these first models, the rollout will start mid-April and continue over 4-6 weeks.*

Following on, Xperia arc, Xperia PLAY, Xperia neo, Xperia mini, Xperia mini pro, Xperia pro, Xperia active and Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman will receive their scoop starting from the end of May/early June.*

* - dependent on carrier/market requirements

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Latest official news regarding the ICS update

Yeah, I knew this was coming. Samsung did a better job. Samsung updated the software only to the phones capable of software upgrade. So did htc. They kept their promises. Anyone who read sonys latest blog article knows that sony is trying to keep there customers from updating to android 4.0. They realize their mistake. Samsung just gave a feature update to galaxy S because they knew they couldnt do it. I bet after the update, the blog will be flooded with complaints of slow sluggish UI. Thats what sony is trying to say. I totally blame Sony because they didnt renew their hardware in 2011, when all manufactures moved to dual core processors. Google came up with ICS because they knew manufactures would upgrade the mid 2011 models only. sony didnt even give the arc s a dual core processor when everyone was talking about quad core.

slimshaddy

same thread..

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/174070#174070 :smileyplain:

so if you dont mind we should discuss this on the above mentioned link.. its your choice :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

aye, no probs Slim.

I stuck it in here cos not everyone jumps into all the threads :smileyhappy:

slimshaddy

great :smileyhappy:

what are your thoughts about it..?? continue in the other thread :smileyhappy: