Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Internal SE Timer App???

Hi all.

First time posting here, so this might be a really stupid question.

I know I can download in the android market, but....is their an SE Timer app in the phone? I've looked everywhere in the clock app and can only find setting alarms, no Timer or Stopwatch. I would think this is pretty basic stuff and shouldn't require me having to hunt for an app. A friend of mine has a HTC phone and it's got a stopwatch and timer plus a world clock, it's a really cool setup.

It may be there and I haven't found it, so if you could, please shed some light for me.

Thank you.

Regards,

Pony

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Internal SE Timer App???

There is no default timer or stopwatch application available. You will need an app for it

Anonymous(anon)

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks for the help. If it would have been in there I would have felt like a right dill.

I have got a few apps and widgets, but I'll have a look at those you suggested.

I still think it's something that should be there anyway, they did have it on their other phones before they got all smart.

Anonymous(anon)

Phone manufacturers like HTC and Samsung usually add all these extra functions in their phones.  I suppose SE provides their phones closer to the "raw" Android OS builds.

Then it is up to the user to install what ever app they like

Anonymous(anon)

True. It must be just me, I'd rather see that stuff on the phone than things like timescape. I like what I must now term as extras that HTC and Samsung put in their phones.

Anonymous(anon)

Sorry I'm a bit late I just recently joined the SE family and was wondering the same thing.... you can get a world clock and a timer from

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1277443

they're all from SE.. (I've installed the world clock widget.... and i looks cool it)

going to install the timer soon

Anonymous(anon)

there is a timer wisget in Arc S, other than tha I don't know.

Anonymous(anon)

You can try apk's from tis link: http://www.mediafire.com/?xjcms7dcrr9tmpk

Plenty of cool apk's by Sony (upgrades for stock software including home launcher from Xperia S). No root, just install. You will find there stopwatch, chronometer...