Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

slimshaddy

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich alpha ROM available for bootloader unlocked Xperia™ phones

Sony wrote:

The first Xperia models to receive the upgrade will be Xperia arc S, Xperia neo V and Xperia ray. For these first models, the rollout will start mid-April and continue over 4-6 weeks.*

so that means , the wait for the second lot is more than 2 months , so sad....

and i really dont like the idea to upgrade to ICS :smileyplain:

We are actually proud to say that our Gingerbread software is very stable and has great performance, so it’s not a bad idea to stay on this platform if your top priority is extreme stability

what a joke /\....

Another interesting thing is that many apps use slightly more RAM in ICS. For example, the web browser is quite intensive, and our measurements indicate that it uses 20-30MB more in ICS compared to Gingerbread. All in all, there are a lot of changes that together result in greater RAM requirement.

we are ******... i thought ICS will use lesser RAM , but keep dreaming...

When you exit your game, there is a risk that the phone is perceived as slow, since the Home screen app will have to be restarted, just like every other activity you access afterwards.

we are aware of this and we have to keep bearing this.....

Hardware acceleration means that the GPU is used to render graphics, which enables a smooth user interface. However, it also results in at need to load additional graphic libraries for certain apps, which makes them use even more RAM.

When we performed internal tests on our applications, we saw that the Settings app consumed 1-2MB more RAM, and actually took longer time to start with HW acceleration, compared to without.

Another effect of the hardware acceleration is that it can make the battery drain faster in some cases. An example of this is video playback, where the hardware acceleration requires every video frame to be run through the GPU, thus making the system use more power than it would have without HW acceleration.

this sucks.. :smileyplain:

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2012/03/30/learn-about-the-technical-differences-between-gingerbr...

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich alpha ROM available for bootloader unlocked Xperia™ phones

This is 2010 Xperias all over again, like when SE used to say that 2.1 was stable and a lot better than 2.2 or 2.3 :smileysilly: so irritating.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

slimshaddy

seriously :smileysad: dont know why they are repeating the same things...