Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich alpha ROM available for bootloader unlocked Xperia™ phones

ok its good i found this discussion thanks slimshady,,,,,,..

anyways we are talikgn about theis camera smartphone...

Camera: i think they have to work this one right uliwooly-wooly?

i read the developer blog in SE and they have to rewrite most of it because of texas something etc...

so i think they will make a good improvement on the Photo processing...\

Oh yeah this is undying issue for man.... a Good phone needs a good camera  right?

SE is in the good right track though for keeping their updates to previous models.....

CAMERA CAMERA CAMERA CAMERA PHOTO PHOTO PHOTO PHOTO ISSUE!

peace guyz... i like SE but i think thieir phone deserve to be one of the best...

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich alpha ROM available for bootloader unlocked Xperia™ phones

but i hope uliwooly-wooly, you see the latest part of the video? maybe they want to improve that part the camera... hahahahahaha i want them to work on that,,....

Talent
paul4os

I am not a fan of Roboto. The Google kids have no taste.

Anonymous(anon)

has anybody tried it on their phone or any Neo v user has tried it ????

and i have a question in mind .. if i test this custom Rom.. can i degrade to gingerbread if i want after that ? ..if yes...... how ?

Master
slimshaddy

Also, if you unlock the boot loader, you will not be able to download and install the final Ice Cream Sandwich software upgrade from Sony Ericsson.

one has to lock the bootloader again in order to have the final ICS

Master
slimshaddy

IT WORKS ON ARC TOO. Period. I just flashed it on my xperia Arc and it works on it without any lag. Things i have noticed so far (mostly stated by SE already)-

1. No connectivity whatsoeve), just to show off what sony has developed so far (which is the purpose of putting it online by SE). My comments, looks gingerbreadish (same app drawer, no widgets section in app drawer, same add widgets by long press on home screen, same dock as SE UI).

2. SE dropped the face unlock from Arc S ROM (probably due to lack of front facing camera).

3. Photo widget looks much improved and polished.

4. During playing music controls work on the lockscreen.

5. Same old gingerbreadish lock slider (C'mon SE change it please, it's ICS).

6. Build number is 4.1.C.0.6.

7. Galaxy live wallpaper changed to black hole, with selected ICS wallpapers.

8. Kernel version is 2.6.32.9.

My personal views on this alpha ROM are that if considering that these are not the final developments from SE (implicated by the features shown off in the video with emphasis on music widgets etc.) it is good. On the other hand if the gingerbreadish look is deliberate, then it's a serious concern because this UI defeats the purpose of having a sleek minimal UI and Roboto font in ICS to make it look smart.

Chao,

Vaibhav

\\source : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1393341&page=4

Master
slimshaddy

first looks :smileywink:

arc-2.jpg

arc-4.jpg

arc-7.jpg

arc-8.jpg

arc-9.jpg

arc-10.jpg

Talent
paul4os

While not having used this ROM (  Xperia pro :O  ), after seeing the video I'll have to disagree with you on some points.

What you are calling "gingerbreadish" is not Gingerbread at all - it is SE's look. Compare stock Gingerbread to the SE gingerbread skin and you can easily see that they look completely different; stock ICS has also been influenced by SE's look, and many of the ICS features were already in SE's Gingerbread.

Personally, I think ICS is ugly and cluttered  in many ways, and don't want them to blindly follow Google's absent sense of style. I am glad that they haven't yet included the stock-ICS app tray because IMO SE's "Gingerbread" one looks better.

Master
slimshaddy

i added a link in the end :smileysilly:

its not mine but a developer checked it...

its hs post..

so i was just updating it here..what he felt after flashing in his arc..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1393341&page=4

Master
slimshaddy

see the pics belows..