Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Demigod
KrazyD

Ice Cream Sandwich alpha ROM available for bootloader unlocked Xperia™ phones

Hi everybody :smileyhappy:

I know that many of you have been waiting for your first glimpse of what Ice Cream Sandwhich will be like when it comes to the Xperia Lineup. Well just a few moments ago the Sony Ericsson Developer World Blog posted up an Alpha rom of Android 4.0.1 for Xperia™ arc S, Xperia™ neo V and Xperia™ ray. Just may I point out that this is not an official release of the Ice Cream Sandwhich software that will come to your Xperia smartphone when it's fully released. This is an Alpha version (A demo version if you like) with not all of the functions working correctly. For more infiormation please head over to the Developer World Blog.

http://developer.sonyericsson.com/wp/2011/12/15/ice-cream-sandwich-alpha-rom-available-for-unlocked-...

Master
slimshaddy

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich alpha ROM available for bootloader unlocked Xperia™ phones

wow awesome but i read this

(you can for example not make any phone calls).

haha :smileysilly:

and even more it wants the bootloader to be unlocked..

but its good.... they updated us :smileyhappy:

One time poster
Auni

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich alpha ROM available for bootloader unlocked Xperia™ phones

The New Task switcher is amazing. Will there be any changes in launcher?

Master
slimshaddy

Also, if you unlock the boot loader, you will not be able to download and install the final Ice Cream Sandwich software upgrade from Sony Ericsson.

one has to lock the bootloader again in order to have the final ICS :smileywink:

Master
slimshaddy

amazing at 1:50 :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Master
slimshaddy

positive things from the video :smileyhappy:

• media player buttons on lock screen :smileyhappy: amazing... they listened to us :smileysilly:
  • settings menu at 1:01 awesome direct buttons to switch wifi bluetooth on and off :smileywink:
  • new browser and really good animation to exit different tabs :smileyhappy:
  • messaging options :smileywink: cut copy or paste a word...
  • long pressing the menu button,,i dont know whats that but its really cool :smileyhappy:

negative things :smileycry:

• no crt animation :smileycry:
Demigod
KrazyD

Yeah it looks promising, shame it isn't available for the Xperia Play or i would be trying this out right now :smileyhappy:

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

the camera seems to be the same camera, so you can add that to the negative things :smileysilly:

Demigod
KrazyD

Remember, this is still an "Alpha build" which means that usually a lot of things change from now till the final product.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

I know, I just hope the camera takes full advantage of this amazing sensor