Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
WinterStars

Ice Cream Sandwich Treat : When and What to Expect

Hello Guys/Gals,

Now that ICS is officially released, sooo...?

First and foremost : Will SE provide this update to us ... :smileyhappy: ?

Next in line is what to expect from ICS.

What are the new features going to be : Is it going to be Honey Comb Features (Like USB on the Go ... which is really cool :smileywink:smileyhappy: + New ICS features or just ICS Features?

So what do you think ...

In case somewhat missed out on the ICS features it is here below :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history#4.x_Ice_Cream_Sandwich

And Honeycomb features

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history#3.x_Honeycomb

Lets discuss ...

I am actually drooling watching the Galaxy Nexus and the Droid RAZR.

I hope SE has something big for the Holiday season. But that does not change the fact that we would like to have ICS on the Arc/Arc S.

I have already saved 400 Euros :smileywink:

Thanks

WS

One time poster
WinterStars

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich Treat : When and What to Expect

Also leave your opinions regarding the Speed improvements or deteroriations etc.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

we should get it

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/20/sony-ericsson-bringing-ice-cream-sandwich-to-xperia-handsets/

Sony Ericsson is currently rolling out the upgrade to Gingerbread 2.3.4 across its entire 2011 Xperia smartphone portfolio. This software upgrade will be available through a phased roll out in select markets. Beyond Gingerbread 2.3.4, we plan to upgrade our 2011 Xperia smartphone portfolio to the next Android platform made available to us.

sony-ericsson-fbook.jpeg

One time poster
vikramaditya.rai

Wow, this sure is big!

At least we have something to look forward to now. SE's previous statement was a little grayish regarding the future of the '11 Xperia phones. They were to assess the update based on the improvements it offered & the hardware limitations (if any).

I believe the update post 2.3.4 is 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). It doesn't really have any such features which would be limited by the hardware on our phones.
SE has been prompt with the updates.

Kudos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-AZ08wCwJA

One time poster
WinterStars

One thing for sure is that we hope it won't bring a performance hit in case there is a big increase in functionality... Since the SE HW is usually on the weaker side compared to Samsung or Moto/HTC etc.

Anonymous(anon)

Don't expect to see it until 2012- I reckon we'll see a new SE handset launch with ICS first, and then older handsets upgraded (that seems to be the way all the manufacturers work)

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

yeah we might see the new Xperia, Xperia Duo perhaps, with a buggy Android 4.0 just like the Arc when it was released :smileysilly:

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

I agree the new Samsung phones are quite amazing, hardware and software wise, they are quite tempting

One time poster
WinterStars

Sounds very possible... Sucks ... But then I will be buying a new Handy anyway ... So I am still interested in what features it would bring just the ICS features or ICS + Honeycomb features.

hellitonwoo

I've tried USB OTG, the feature is great.

I tried mouse and keyboard, but the web-cam doesn't work.

Since there's no front cam on my arc, there would be great to attach one by myself. :smileyhappy:

But the problem would be power, since you've taken the USB port, there's no charging then.

And the ICS could be really tasty if we get it! Haha! :smileylaugh: