Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Master
slimshaddy

Re: ICS bugs..!!

i have not seen any honeycomb tablet nor the sony's tablet..

but if you say that its far more better than the stock honeycomb then i relly wish something good in xepria ics :smileyhappy:

i already hate white and blue color theme of the ics:smileyangry:

Visitor
WinterStars

Hmmm ... My expectations just went higher ... I will go out and check the tablet S myself ... Lets see.

Master
slimshaddy

hmm :smileylaugh:

Talent
paul4os

I posted this on another thread, but I think it's more relevant here.

Firstly, as a bit of an aside, I came across an interesting article which I think a few of you might be interested in reading:

http://www.mobiletechworld.com/2011/11/15/i-dont-care-about-whats-inside-your-phone-as-long-as-the-u...

Where I would really like SE to focus the most at present is making really efficient low-level software. I've also been reading that even with ICS, Google simply has STILL not done a good job at making Android run anywhere near as efficiently as it should:

To the main point, here are some recent comments from a Google employee on ICS performance:

https://plus.google.com/105051985738280261832/posts/2FXDCz8x93s

Read the comments below the post for most insight, as the post is from a Google employee who's likely to be biased. I think what we can judge from those comments is that the code in stock Android ICS STILL will not be particularly efficient if compared to the competiton such as WP7. I mean, even now Google is having to go through a lot of effort to even get ICS to work as smoothly as Gingerbread on the Nexus S! If it is taking Google this much effort, then you can imagine the effort that others like SE are going to have to go to to get ICS working well.

Google clearly have developed Android in a haphazard way. I'd rather Google would rewrite as much of their inefficiently written low-level UI code now, rather than focusing on backwards compatibility. I would rather take the pain now, rather than being lumbered with an inefficient system for good. I would hope SE would be pressurising Google to get their act together! Please Google, focus on performance, efficiency and bug-fixing, rather than much of the gimmicky trash that you seem to be adding.

Visitor
WinterStars

Part of the problem is with the Android Ecosystem and releases. Android have two major releases every year compared to iOS's single release and WP7. Companies cannot keep on tweaking because it is always a race against time, before the next release comes along. That is why I mentioned earlier that WP7 will always be faster than Android. Also the Dalvik VM adds to the overhead. But the benefits of all that are much more features getting introduced in short time spans. New things come along very fast. And that is why Android phones makes up for the Untuned SW with aggressive Hardware. To maintain the pace Google and most OEMs cannot spend too much time in the fine details. Customers want new features and that too very fast. Just see what happened to SE with all their fine tuning of the Donut Release. :smileylaugh: . x10 updates took one year. In the same time span Google made two big releases, Eclair and Froyo!!! We all know what is in Donut and What is in Froyo. Two years ago Android was just a concept and now it is king of the hill. So it really moved fast and I don't see Google Slowing down, and I don't want it to. This is the compromise we have to make in order to get new features quickly.

Master
slimshaddy

up..