Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

slimshaddy

Re: ICS bugs..!!

i'm not a techy so wont go in details , please dont mind ,

but i wish the same as you do.. you are correct , they should fix the small bugs..

since ics has launched in other cell phones , they have full time to develop and customise with their ui and check..

i hope after ics launch , it has lesser number of bugs :smileylaugh:

i know currently the bugs are small but are largen in number..

i just love sony's ui :smileylove:

Enthusiast
paul4os

my priorities are:

1. GPU acceleration of UI, performance, battery life, and SPELL CHECKING!!! :smileyhappy:
  2. UI.
  3. New gimmicky features (SE can leave out the rubbish ones if they deem them to be rubbish; actually they can leave out them all and I won't care).
One time poster
WinterStars

Hello fellow SE chaps, ICS bugs = Google problem not SE problem. They will hammer the bugs with the Galaxy Nexus, That is the reason why there is already a 4.0.1 release in case you have not heard. Hence Samsung has prior access to ICS source code, and hence Nexus always will have really fast updates because it is the vanilla Android , the real torch bearer. Don't be surprised when new handsets from next year launches with 4.1 or something like 4.0.5 etc ...

However it is SE's responsibility to launch with the stable release. like what they did with Gingerbread i.e. 2.3.2

This time also it won't be different.

One time poster
WinterStars

However after saying that it still SE's problem to make sure their drivers are compatible with ICS.:smileylaugh:

One time poster
WinterStars

Me too

One time poster
WinterStars

@Slim: Full blown customization is an invitation for trouble. Why didn't you have an X10i ? :smileylaugh: I think SE's crimes from the past have been forgotten. :smileyhappy:

Anyway, mild skinning is enough, it takes too much time to get updates if there are too much customizations. It took the X10 one year to get updates ... remember!! :smileyshocked:

Just refine the rough edges of the ICS UI, add some minor skinning that's all.

slimshaddy

customisatin i meant ui of sony and not anything related to ics :smileywink:

i mean i love the sony ui so i want some sony things to be in ics..

well if its not that good..i will not update to ics..

One time poster
WinterStars

Okay... Yeah moderate customization is nice, it differentiates SE UI from vanilla android UI. But too much customizations delays SW updates. Just as the case with X10. New phones will launch with ICS so we have to like it ... :smileywink:

slimshaddy

i hope theres not that much of customisation :smileysilly:

Enthusiast
paul4os

I just played with a Sony Tablet S yesterday in a shop.

All I want to say is that if Sony can do the same job with their skin on Ice Cream Sandwich as they did with their Honeycomb skin, then they will be turning the ugly duckling that is Ice Cream Sandwich into a beautiful swan.