Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
arclt18a

How to transfer photos/ video/ data of sony ericsson xperia arc S to my PC?

When i connect sony experia arc s phone to my PC via USB i can see only SD memory Card. Inside no data, no DCIM folder, only customized-cappability folder and default-capability folder.

I install Sony PC Companion. But for what ?

i install Media Go, but now he copys all old pictures from c: and d: inside Media Go. but i want transfer the pictures from my phone to the PC. How can i do this ?

How can i Transfer Pics to my pc those i taken from phone camera to the PC ?

Visitor
Bardia

Re: How to transfer photos/ video/ data of sony ericsson xperia arc S to my PC?

It's Xperia's U support Forum,you should ask your question in Arc S Forum !!!

http://talk.sonymobile.com/community/support/xperia2011/arc

Please Remove this Thread and ask your question on this :smileyhappy:

One time poster
chew.daniel

the xperia arc doesn't have any internal storage, that's why u will only see SD Card... if your phone can read the files but the PC can't it's most likely a virus has set all the files to hidden...

Forum Legend
uliwooly

the Xperia Arc does have internal storage but you can NOT access it w/ a PC it's for the OS and apps.

Pictures, Music, App Data it's stored on the SD card

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
LynneHaywood

Did you sort out this problem?

I have just got the same thing happening.

I used to be able to download photos to my laptop.

Now when I connect the phone to download photos, only the sample movies download!

There are lots of photos on my phone - AND NO SD CARD!

Visitor
mark8372

You can connect Sony mobile to computer, and then copy files to computer.

One time poster
Simple

[ Edited ]

Ok think the simple answer is that Sony have changed where the phone stores stuff. So pics and vids are not where they used to be. So as long as the PC sees the phone there should not be a problem. Tore my hair out with this one, basically its big brother trying to get as much info about you. So they want you to use there software PC Companion which in my opinion is rubbish over complicated and does not work. So you take a pic or vid on your phone and you want to transfer it on you PC . Simple Windows Explorer (file manager for us older ones) picks up the phone and you transfer the files pics taken used to be on SD card /images with a file extension Photoxxx. Not now any pics taken are now in Internal Storage/DCIM/1000ANDRO and the files are named DSCxxx. Which is a real pain as my Nikon uses DSC for file names. However hope this helps. Sony phones are also a pain when trying to sinc with outlook that PC Companion just does not work. Download MyPhoneExplorer its free but donate him a few bucks because it syncs with everything and its simple and they dont want every bit of information about you. Like the phone but interfacing not cool. Hope you are listening Mr Sony love the phone but just sort the interface, dont copy Apple as iTunes, why do I need an overcomplicated bit of third party software to play music !!!