Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: How much RAM does your ARC has? 512MB?

Thanks for the explanation. But my question is how many MB of RAM should be available in Arc because as I check online it is 512MB.

Anonymous(anon)

Yes, even to me, who has a very good knowledge with computers is was quite misleading.

One time poster
an2ny79

My theory here is RAM could be 512MB in total, shared some 100+MB with Graphical Processor Unit.  The remaining is allocated for Qualcomm CPU (300MB+).  This is feasible if GPU doesn't have it's own RAM (like build in VGA for your PC Mother board)
Anonymous(anon)

The reason why I am asking the RAM because my Arc usually used almost 80% of the available RAM that makes the phone working slowly. Can you give me a tip how to minimize the use of RAM memory. Thanks

Anonymous(anon)

again, i post this one:

/system: total 320.000k

/data: total 389.120k

/sdcard: .....

/cache: 230.400k

You have to divide to 1024 to round in Mb.

As you can check, the DATA memory is the memory used by apps.

A system to check this out is to see app2sd that refers 380Mb total and something else free...

512MB, again, is the system plus the cache total, so 320+230.

and this is the answer from SE UK:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=283958346371&topic=16046&post=67171#post67171

where they told:

Hi Guys,

Please see the following:

Internal Phone Storage: 1 GB (up to 320 MB user free memory)
RAM: 512 MB
External Memory: Up to 32 GB microSD™
Processor: 1 GHz Qualcomm MSM8255
GPU: Adreno 205

You can also read the full specifications of this handset on the Xperia Arc White Paper which can be viewed here:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/908/379/1301655581/arc_WP_7.pdf)

Messaggio modificato da andymnc

One time poster
an2ny79

Hi KrazyD,

Could you please ask SE official Engineers to explain this conflicting observation to close this case once and for all?  As much as possible let them try to explain in details not just telling us "RAM is 512MB" or "see Facebook or blog statements for info".  As you can see, third party apps shows different result and many people here have their own "theories" and this isn't good... Instead of clearing things up, theories and opinion just made it worst.  We need "FACT" from expert's point of view from your Engineering department explaining why third app shows conflicting result.

I hope this simple request is not a big deal.. After all, we need to have concrete INFORMATION and not just a hear say or opinions.  We can't function in this forum if we don't have enough product knowledge we are supporting.

Trustee
Jeff

RAM explained

Hi All,

Posted this here and I know you want to see this information also

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/66430#66430

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: RAM explained

thanx

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
an2ny79

Re: RAM explained

Thanks Jeff,

Ok I guess that's the end of this.. it's 512MB.  Case close :-D