Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Google Play store not working

Visitor

Google Play store not working

Hi people,

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to the google play store since ICS upgrade?

I have spoken to android support about this and they have told me that it is because my ID hasn't contacted the google servers since my upgrade yet I can log in to Gmail with no problem. I get to the Google Play store front page but as soon as I try to move further than this I get a spinning circle and then a Connection error with a RETRY button. It's driving me potty! I can log in to play from a laptop and tell it to install and uninstall programs and it happens as planned but I cannot connect from my Arc S, it's very frustrating. I've even removed my ID from my phone and re-installed it and still no luck, any help you can offer would be greatly received.

Thanx

S

Sony Xperia Support

Re: Google Play store not working

Do you experience this on both 3G networks and when using Wi-Fi?

Visitor

hi I am experiencing the same issue after update , cant see any content , it just keep on loading circle, I am using wifi, xperia arc s

One time poster

Hi,

i encountered the same problem, on both 3G and Wi-Fi networks.

i tried several things like: clear chache memory, updade android to 4.0.4, use different google acounts and create new acount from my phone, reset phone to factory settings, nothing worked.

Thx.

One time poster

I reset my xperia s but now google play shop wont load i cannot upload pictures to fb either ......how do i fix this its doing my head in

Rookie

I am also having the same problem

One time poster

com.android.vending-1-DL.apk   

Google search and u will find a offline version u can install.  Good luck