Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly
Accepted Solution

Facebook inside Xperia phonebook (bug or false advertisement)?

Facebook inside Xperia phonebook (bug or false advertisement)?

http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/2011/10/31/facebook-inside-xperia%E2%84%A2/#more-3982

Social Phonebook
Of course the phone book has also had a social make over. Your friends latest status update, birthday, photos and interests are all gathered in the phonebook along with the call and messaging history you have with that contact. Birthdays and other Facebook events are also added in phones calendar which means that it will be very tricky to come up with a good excuse for forgetting someone’s birthday;-)

this is quite interesting since the only option to get status updates

screenshot_2011-11-12_1852.pngscreenshot_2011-11-12_1854.png

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

Re: Facebook inside Xperia phonebook (bug or false advertisement)?

up

slimshaddy

hey i think we get thoe options by opening a contact and slide to right..

but i dont know its not working:smileyangry: i mean i checked with 3 friends and their photos dint show up..

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

even if you merge the contacts?

I have to manually merge some contacts and fb contacts, but the updates nowhere to be seen

Anonymous(anon)

Mine seems to work fine altho I must admit I am checking this whilst connected to wifi at home.  I have just checked the person on my facebook who has made the most recent comment (literally a few minutes ago) and it was there on my phone. I have Autosync and Background Data ticked.  The refresh rate within Facebook is hourly so can't think that that has anything to do with it.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

I have the same settings and nothing, can you post a screenshot (just delete the personal info) ?

Anonymous(anon)

Is this what you wanted....

Each of my contacts that has a Facebook account has either updated automatically to an existing contact or been joined.  The updated status are all current and if I open an individual person Henry for example I have latest tagged photos and then 14 albums of his pictures from Facebook, slide over one screen and I have all the pages he likes and then slide over one more time and you get his last few status posts dating back about a month.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

that's so odd, how come it doesn't work on mine, I even tried different firmwares 2.3.2, 2.3.3, 2.3.4 from both LT15i and LT15a and nothing

Anonymous(anon)

So yours doesn't do that at all? That is odd. Checked my old X10 which my son now has and his phonebook looks pretty much the same.... he just is a teen with 50,000 facebook friends so there is just more of it.  That phone is flashed with the 2.3 update as per your instructions to debrand and reflash with the new software when it first came out and my Neo is non branded anyway.  I will turn off my wifi for a bit and see if it works as well over 3g.

Anonymous(anon)

One thing I do notice is that it only gives you straight text status updates, so if they post lots of pictures. links, videos etc then you won't get an update on them so it could look like it is really out of date.