Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Display will not turn off

Hi

I have an Xperia Arc. The display setting is set for 15 seconds. Practically the phone screen should turn off after 15 seconds, but sometimes the display does not turn off itself after 15 seconds and will remain thereafter. Only way to get the function back is by turning it off. Please help

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Welcome to the Forum, please introduce yourselves!

when it does not turn off, which apps are you running on the background there are some apps that prevent the phone/screen to sleep/turn off the screen

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Hi

I absolutely have no idea what is running in the background at that time. Example is sometimes after listening to a phone call the display should turn off but it doesn't. Can you tell me few apps that won't let the display turn off.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Display will not turn off

It might be a good idea to perform a firmware update to the latest version.

It may resolve your problem.

Check the post below from Uliwooly.

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/20095?tstart=0

slimshaddy

just repair ur phone..

it will delete all the phone data and apps stored on it..

as uliwooly said u must have downloaded an app which doesnt turn off the screen..

i will recommend deleting all ur apps..and if re installing check what all the application has access to..