Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Atif

Difference between ICS 4.0.3 and ICS 4.0.4??

Now that we have heard the good news that Xperia Arc S will also start recieving 4.0.4 from this week onwards, can any one enlighten what benefits it will bring over our current 4.0.3???

Will basic issues like delayed phone dialer opening, improved battery life, lagging at times and overheating problem be addressed in that???? which should be the case to start with at least..... Will in unlock swipe camera key would be replaced with silent/vibrator key as was the case in GB?? I dont know who suggested sony to mess up with this swipe keys and put camera key instead of most important silent profile key....

Plus any other upgrades if any body knows???? I sincerely hope that it will address many issues once and for all and it must not state that " Caution: upgrade at your own risk!!!!!! Sony will not be responsible for any damage done as a result of this upgarde" like we had while upgrading from GB to ICS.... as if we are upgrading a beta rom and not an officially tested OS......

Hope to have some answers to these queries from some developers.....

Regards

Community Manager
Johan

Re: Difference between ICS 4.0.3 and ICS 4.0.4??

You can find the major changes here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history

But there are also minor bug fixes and optimizations to the software of course.

The unlock screen still remains with unlock and camera.

Anonymous(anon)

did someone updated his arc s to 4.0.4? what about the first impression?

thanks

Anonymous(anon)

I did that 2 days ago..The UI is all the same...SOme of the bugs has been fixed...Phone does not overheats now...

One time poster
Madman

Will in unlock swipe camera key would be replaced with silent/vibrator key as was the case in GB?? I dont know who suggested sony to mess up with this swipe keys and put camera key instead of most important silent profile key....

Same question, i don't use the phone camera at all, but i need fast silent-mode switch capability usualy. How can i get back this function?

P.S. prev ver. 2.3.4.

Adept
ArcS_SG

Wonder if there's a widget that can be created for quick silent mode activation?

Arc_S
XPERIA SP
XPERIA Z1
XPERIA Z1 Compact
One time poster
Madman

ArcS_SG wrote:

Wonder if there's a widget that can be created for quick silent mode activation?

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Is it faster than switching phone into silent mode profile withiout unblocking it?

ADD: press home button, then press camera -> phone will unlocked and turn the camera on. It's pretty good way to unlock into camera mode and it's work now. So, why SE is breaked the switch into silent abillity?

Sorry for English.