Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Check out my home screen!

Yes, you need to set the permissions first.  Try the "Fix Permission" option in CWM.

Basically you copy the new file to the SD card - then you copy it to "/system" - change the permissions - then move it to "/system/app".  You have to do it this way else you get problems.  Changing the permissions of the file on the SD card won't work as they'll change again when you move it into "/system".  Hence the intermediate step of moving it to "/system", change permissions then move it into "/system/app".

If "Fix Permissions" in CWM doesn't work then restore your backup and follow my instructions again.  I've been there before myself. :smileyhappy:

slimshaddy

ok thanks :smileyhappy: i'm currently restoring...

hopefull i'll get it right this time... and yes we learn from our mistakes :smileyhappy:

so if we dont have cwm , we have to flash our phone again right..?

anothr user nabeel bricked his phone 7-8 times and he kept on flashing.. so i'm guessing with recovery we dont have to do it :smileyhappy:

awesome developers :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

Yep.  Without a backup you'd need to re-flash.  I use Wotan when I need to do this as it's easier than Flashtool IMHO.  You have to create an account with them but it's free to download and flash any release of firmware you want.

http://www.wotanserver.com/en/sony-ericsson/se/xperia-arc-s-lt18/unlock-tool/debranding-flash

I'm hoping to see ICS on their site real soon now...

slimshaddy

hmm i'm aware of wotan :smileyhappy:

another android thing learnt today :smileyhappy:

i have seeen many pages in which the devs said change permissions..

so are these permissions different for every file..??

Anonymous(anon)

The permissions for all the files in system/app are the same.

slimshaddy

oh ok....

i got the widets in notification panel.... :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: yes......

wow...... i'm so happy , so finally i can do something with the phone..... thanks thanks,,,,,,,

Anonymous(anon)

:smileycool:

Excellent.

Next I'll talk you through installing the Xperia S launcher and widgets.  But not right now...

slimshaddy

yeah its ok.. enough for the day :smileyhappy:

reply to this whenever you want ok.. not right now :smileysilly:

like i backed up all the things on cwm and titanium.. and i removed some things from the system\app

so my question is , what if i do something wrong after transferring these things..

i moved 10\100 items , i brick my phone ans restore thru cwm , so cwm will restore all those 100 items..

so can we do this..?? cwm just to restore 90 items and not the full 100 because it will be a pain to remove all the bloatware again and again...

now i'm gonna go.. ok , bii , and thanks a lot..... and reply when you are free.... no hurry :smileyhappy: