Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Gosx10i

Re: Bluetooth issue introduced by 4.0.2.A.0.42 unsolved by 4.0.2.A.0.62

Well, we're 2 months to the day down the road since the original poster posted the BT issues on the Arc, Arc S.

So, are we any further forward in getting to the bottom of these issues and any further forward after 2 whole months in getting a fix for our issues? :smileyangry:

One time poster
Gosx10i

Bump

Anonymous(anon)

I strongly doubt my next mobile will be a Sony. As slow they are in fixing the bugs, as fast they are in sending info on their new top-level models in my mailbox.

My Xperia Neo has constant problems with the car bluetooth kit (strangely enough it has zero problems with an heart rate monitor, also bluetooth interfaced, and it hadn't a single glitch a few months ago with the older distros). It loses also the Wi-Fi signal from time to time, even if it asserts the connection is on (icon in the the info bar, but it is a false). It's a pity because, apart from the battery duration, the hardware is good, but the software is a shame.

I'm afraid they will learn it the hard way, like RIM is doing.

One time poster
Gosx10i

Seriously, what are we supposed to think of in regards to Sony.

This matter is an issue for a good few owners and yet 2 months dow the road since this issue was raised and no mor einformation.

Are Sony really that uninterested in its buyers, customers as i really feels like we have paid for a pruduct and that Sony coundn't nowe care less as they have what they want, our monies.

If this issue is adressed in the ICS update when released, then why not inform us as such.

But to say that i am pissed off is way beyond this stage now.

Wonder how many owners on here would fancy a class action law suite agains Sony Global, as this seems to be about the only way that someone is going to actually communicate.

And as far as the moderators, SE folks on here go, they're about as much use as an ashtray on a motorcycle.

Rant Over!

Anonymous(anon)

Hello Sony, I too am experiencing a similar bluetooth issue. Have been a sony mobile phone user for the past 10 years or so. Eventually decided to join the future and get a smart phone - Xperia Arc S

Android version: 2.3.4.

Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-perf

Bulid number 4.0.2.A.0.69

It connects to the car bluetooth (Opel Zafira) but it will not use the car audio, even though on the phone it say is it using it. It was working and then when i  did updates, it stopped. I have reset the phone back to the factory settings, but still the same issue. So it definintely must be the firmware updates (which don't get removed) by reset.

This is really quite bad, not only because it is so annoying but it is also a safety issue invovled.

Please could you give frequent updates on a solution progress and  an estimated timeline.

Cheers,

Schmills

Anonymous(anon)

Hello Sony, I too am experiencing a similar bluetooth issue. Have been a sony mobile phone user for the past 10 years or so. Eventually decided to join the future and get a smart phone - Xperia Arc S

Android version: 2.3.4.

Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-perf

Bulid number 4.0.2.A.0.69

It connects to the car bluetooth (Opel Zafira) but it will not use the car audio, even though on the phone it say is it using it. It was working and then when i did updates, it stopped. I have reset the phone back to the factory settings, but still the same issue. So it definintely must be the firmware updates (which don't get removed) by reset.

This is really quite bad, not only because it is so annoying but it is also a safety issue invovled.

Please could you give more frequent updates on on-going solution progress and an estimated timeline.

Cheers,

Schmills

Anonymous(anon)

Having the same problem as described by chano22000 and aaa.kovacs

Xperia Arc S

Android version: 2.3.4. & 4.0.3 since yesterday

Carminat DVD navigation color v31.1 including bluetooth connection on Renault Laguna II phase 2 (2005)

I bought my Xperia Arc S in february 2012. It was in 2.3.4 version. I have known this bug since I bought it : After 1 or 2 minutes, "No service", thus impossible to call anyone. After touching home button and wake up the phone, I can call. Therefore, it is manual, dangerous and i not hands free anymore !

Nevertheless, I can receive phone calls because it wakes up alone ! Sometimes, it hangs up alone too, so I am online whereas I just dont want to be !

I think that SE engineers had a wrong goog-idea for saving battery... "Hey, we turn off bluetooth when nothing happen to save battery...". In android 4.0.3, you can adjust "time of visibility" for others Bluetooch devices. But, Xperia bluetooth still turns in sleep mode .

I suggest that Sony relaease at least an application in order not bluetooth to enter in sleep mode.

Anonymous(anon)

RicH33 wrote:

[...] I suggest that Sony relaease at least an application in order not bluetooth to enter in sleep mode.

You are really an optimist.

My assumption is that we have been left in the dark, as Sony is clearly not interested in communicating with its customers base (except to SPAM us with unrequested, uninteresting promos of new expensive models).

Matter of fact, nobody from Sony Ericsson have replied since a month, and even then it was only to tell us they didn't know when AND if they will fix the bug.

The only thing I'm sure is that I'll *never* buy another Sony gadget in the future, ever.

One time poster
Gosx10i

Had this back in From Sony.  Still seems like they need to get some new engineers in to fix these issue out, as the current one's are useless.

Thank you for contacting the Sony Xperia support centre.

We apologise that your car kit does not seem to be working correctly when running an Android version higher than Android 1.6.

As stated on the support forum this matter is being looked into but unfortunately we have no new information available at this time. We would suggest that you keep checking the link below for updates regarding this matter:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/177724#177724

Unfortunately all handset's must be updated when they arrive at our repair centre as this fixes any software issues which there might be on the handset along with wiping the handset back to factory settings (which is a legal requirement due to the data protection act).

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

For the latest news, information and product support please visit www.sonymobile.com.

If you require any further assistance then please do not hesitate to respond to this email or call our customer support on 08705 237 237. Should you choose to contact us via an alternative channel, one of our agents will request a unique field from you and would suggest providing your Email address.

Please be aware that should you not respond within 5 days of this email your query will be automatically closed. Any further communications will not reach our support and a new query will need to be raised.

Kind Regards,
Martin Webb

Sony Xperia UK Customer Services

Anonymous(anon)

We need to be here and have this discussion open with many messages for appearing always on top. We are 3 in this situation (Arc S or Kyno) among my friends. I find this phone great but this bluetooth problem make me buy another brand in the future, or a very closed future (I think to sell it right now)...

I am sure there is a lot of people who are in the the situation as us...

You can let the wifi ON in sleep mode, why not the bluetooth ?