Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Gosx10i

Bluetooth Dropped & Phonebook Not Working on Land Rover BT Systems.

Hi i have been having a similar issue to the other people on here in asmuch as that when the phone goes to sleep, i loose my BT connection to the manufacturers embeded system.

I am also having an issue if i allow the car to connect to the handsets phonebook.  If i allow the connection, then the phone actually drops the BT connection every 20 seconds or so and then reconnects for 20 seconds and so on.

If i remove the car from the handset and re pair the BT system, the phone connects, stays connected up until the phone goes to sleep again.  And it's not something that i can  keep manually doing, wake the phone up by touching the handset, as touching a mobile phone whilst driving here in the UK, constitutes a criminal act and is met with 3 points on out license as well as a spot fine.

The last OS software that worked in my 2008 Land Rover Discovery 3 was my Xperia X10 on android 1.6.  Ever since then, i have been having the connection, disconnection issue as described above.  So somehting changed in the Android, BT software between Android 1.6 and Androin 2.2 and so on.

Where do we stand to ahving this looked at and at what stage are we at in regards to SE coming up with a patch, fix for this issue here in the UK?

Trustee
Markus

Re: Bluetooth Dropped & Phonebook Not Working on Land Rover BT Systems.

This sounds like a clear case of two products not fully compatible with each other.

I suggest you start with contacting either Land Rover or the manufacturer of the BT system (if not the same) and have them confirm what is required from the connected device for them to be compatible.

All technical information about your phone (Xperia arc?) can be found in this white paper document:

http://dl-www.sonymobile.com/cws/download/1/908/379/1315209950/arc_WP_9.pdf

On page 10 you see the full Bluetooth information.

One time poster
Gosx10i

Assumed Un Answered!

Hi Markus, but sorry i do not agree with your above answer and I do not agree the the question is assumed to be answered, when clearly it is not.

Have a look at the attachment, as you can see the handset if fully compatible with Land Rover, Jaguar systems as Land Rover, Range Rover & Jaguar have tested these handsets for compatibility.

So what spin are you going to put to your answer this time as my above issues are no different from the other people on here who have reported similar issues with their Volvo's, BMW's to name a few?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/161308#161308

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/161656#161656

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/165335#165335

The vehicle is booked in, in a couple of weeks time and the Factory Fitted BT system is going to be checked over with the LR, Jaguar diagnostic system and i hopefully i will have an answer to if it is a car issue or a handset issue.

But please, do not assume that your answe above answered my question, and as such please do not asume to mark irt as such until the other party has at least came back with more information.

I find your answer above to be most arogant in the way you asume that it is an issue of non compatability and how you throw the white paper into the answer, when it does not address any of the issues that i am experiancing as a consumer and customer of the SE brand name!

LR_BT_SE_Arc_S.jpg

One time poster
Gosx10i

And, we wait with baited breath for a reply?

Trustee
Markus

Sorry for the late reply. I was out of office last Friday and I don't work weekends.

We use the "assumed answered" option to help us monitor unattended threads. As soon as I post in a thread I will automatically get e-mail notifications when a new comment is posted. Marking it at "assumed answered" is not the same as "this is the correct answer" but a way for us moderators to easily get a good overview of threads that none of us have attended yet (we get an updated list every four hours with unanswered threads).

I understand it's not easy for you to know this but the platform this forum is running on doesn't offer a better solution at this point.

When you got my reply you should have seen a click-able option to mark this thread as "not answered" again. Did you not?

I do not work for Land Rover so I did not know they've listed Xperia arc S as compatible with their BT system and I did not try to point the responsibility elsewhere. All I did was ask you to confirm that the phone is supposed to be compatible and I gave you the white paper so you had the full technical specification in case Land Rover needed this info.

It would be wrong of me to not ask you this and instead just assume your phone is broken and refer to a service center, don't you agree?

As you've already noticed there's a similar discussion already ongoing in a thread managed/attended by my colleague Johan. I suggest you keep monitoring the progress in that thread since Johan is still investigating this. He will update the thread once more information is available.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/31854

One time poster
Gosx10i

Vehicle has been in at the dealership today and they also check the Bluetooth system.  All working according to Land Rover tech specs.

So, back to you Sony to come up with a fix or the phone is not fit for purpose.

Trustee
Markus

I see you've been posting in both this and the other thread.

I will give you a response here only.

I just had a chat with one of my colleagues and he said that he spoke to a user with a similar issue today. This user had a Xperia S and his car was a Volvo. The Xperia S worked just fine with the Bluetooth headset MW600 but not at all with the Bluetooth system in his car. Then he tried to turn of WiFi in the phone and it started working straight away in the car. So there obviously was some connectivity issue with the car's BT system and the phone when WiFi was on.

Do you know if Wi-Fi has been active in your phone when this has occurred? Please try to disable it and see if you had a similar issue as the other user.

If not, I can only recommend you try to connect your phone with one of our Bluetooth accessories that we claim to be compatible (e.g. MW600) to confirm if the problem lies with the phone or not. Since we have no idea what BT system Land Rover use we cannot confirm the compatibility.

One time poster
Gosx10i

Hi Marcus.

I have just this moment went out to the car and did what you suggest above and disconnected the wi-fi before leaving the house.

Phone connected as it does and then the request comes in for access to the phonebook.  I select allow and start to count.  The BT drops off the radio screen, at the same time there is a silence in the music and about 1 second later, up pops "Phone Attached" and this continues at every 15 second interval.

Deleted the connection to the car.  Re pair with the BT system, but do not allow the car to access the phonebook and it held the BT connection there for 5mins without missing a beat.

I have raised the issue with Land Rover, as these are luxury vehicles that cost £40,000 and i would expect their BT to be compatable, especially when they show that it is on their website.  The only difference with the phone in the image above, is the OS system of that handset.

We are currently about 2 0r 3 software updates ahead of what they tested on.  And if a fix comes out to fix the issues with the latest OS update, then we get ICS next month, that is 4 updates in aprox 6 months.  Obviously vehicle manufactures are not probably expecting these amounts of updates, as they don't do as many updates on their vehicles ECU's.  As an example, i have 14 ECU's in my Discovery and i believe the £80,000 Range Rover has something like 22 ECU's.  So very technical and smart vehicles, but they don't get updates at one a month like we do with out mobile handsets, lol.