Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Bad battery time Experia Arc S

So after ive used my phone for one day I really need to charge it and its like that every single day and I hoped after changing from iPhone to get better battery time but no.. Sometimes over a night I lose like 37% and its not in use internett is off.. Light is off bluetooth never on but still my battery dry out faster than my iphone..

Anyone know the problem?

Nabeel

Re: Bad battery time Experia Arc S

hi brakkie

Please upload few snapshots of ur battery use when ur battery reaches about 5-10 %

settings>about phone>battery use>tap on the graph and take a snapshot (long press ur power button > tap screenshot)

Similarly do it for battery use due to apps... if ur battery use page is long take several snapshot

What apps have you got running? How bright do you have the screen?

How often do you retrieve data for email/Facebook/Twitter etc as this can cause drain if it is set for every 5-10 mins.

Some live wallpapers can kill your battery quicker dont use any battery saver or task killer

Switch to gsm mode( settings>wireless and networks>mobile network>network>select gsm only)

check this for further help http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/154243#154243

upload ur pics asap

regards

Need any help related to moderation? message me or any other moderator.

gwhispererz

- Thread moved to the correct community -

One time poster
Auni

Would you beileve that this the battery back up i get from ARC S.:smileyshocked: It's 4 months old.

*** Brightness : 40% and BE Engine : Off****

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/401032_10150635634638945_798398944_8968649_455306269_n.jpg

Now to get the most out of ur Device, u need some tweaking. So please do as Nabeel said, and show us the graph here. We would gladly share whatever we know to help u.

And as far as i know, from various ARC S users amonh my friends, ARC S [without any moderation or tweaking] should stay alive for at least 22-26 hrs even after moderate use.

In heavy use the phone will die after 12-14 hours.

Anonymous(anon)

So now I got an example of how bad it is.. I charged my phone went out for gym when I had trained for 1 hour it was 92 %  and battery usage was on top 47% with the screen.. I got lowest light and the time I had used the screen was 1 min and 2 seconds.. Which is 7% a minute... "Feels like"

The one minute i believe when I was starting it after the gym ..

When my phone is down at 5 % I will take screenshot :smileywink: Posting later tonight

Trustee
Markus

Just posting to say I'm monitoring this thread and that I am looking forward to your screenshot. :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

Screenshot incoming! :

screenshot_2012-03-12_1923_1.pngscreenshot_2012-03-12_1923.png

Nabeel

brakkie your battery is all fine,

wifi is on most of the time

i see that your cell standby is also consuming a lot

do this  settings> wireless and networks> mobile and networks > network mode > select gsm only

and brakkie your screen used 47 % battery in 1 minute doesn't means that its using a lot of battery ,, this means out of all the tasks / apps, 47 % battery was used by screen in 1 minute

and you know it well, ARC S screen has a large,, so its normal

Need any help related to moderation? message me or any other moderator.

One time poster
Auni

With Stock OS ur battery seems fine.:smileyhappy:

Master
slimshaddy

agree your battery seems fine.. you used wifi a lot..

so if you are not using wifi , turn it off.. it will save battery..