Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

dynamicbio
Accepted Solution

Arc S Calendar - Add event that repeats every 2 weeks...?

Hello,

There is not an option to add an event that repeats every 2 weeks.

My old Nokia had this option.

Can this request be forwarded as a suggeston to Sony for a future update?

Trustee
Nessa

Re: Arc S Calendar - Add event that repeats every 2 weeks...?

If you wish you can use a 3rd party application from the Play Store with this capability.

Oracle
suze

I use Jorte calendar app and widget on my phone.  Its on the Play store and has much more customisation than the stock app.  Looks good too!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.johospace.jorte&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGw...

dynamicbio

Thank you all for the help..

Tried Jorte calendar after recommending it but it doesn't support fortnight events :smileyshocked:

(+ it uses a lot of RAM..)

(+ it asks for a lot of permissions..)

Oracle
suze

Ok so if you set up an appointment on Jorte and scroll down to repetion, then tap weekly and under this weekly it gives you Interval with a whole set of other options on the number of weeks to select. 

The other app that I have heard good things about is CalenGoo (or something like) so maybe worth a go.  Just remember to trawl through the levels of each menu option to see if you can find the thing you need.

dynamicbio

Good point!

You choose the Weekly option, and only after that you can define the number of weeks.

A bit demanding on the RAM for a calendar, but I think I will give it a go.

One time poster
Gosx10i

I commented on this over 2 years ago with their X10i and the lack of two weeklk reminders.

Iyt obviouslt fell on deaf ears, as does most other thing on this so called support forum.  I have had to receive any form of support for the issues i have raised.  SE, Sony now just throw it back to the third party and blame their instruments.

Samsung Galaxy S has this 2 weekly reminder.

Sony Ericsson P1i at leasy had individual call log details, Incomming, Outgoing, Missed and that handset was at least made with a metal, alloy face surround.

Sony really seem to be taking a step back in regards to their overall quality since takling the Android market.

dynamicbio

Ok, I just now found the solution to the biweekly event issue, if someone wants to use the stock Arc S calendar.

Go to the Google Calendar at your PC and add the event. You can choose if your event wants to be repeated every 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 ...weeks. And save it.

Then go to your mobile and sync. Settings--Accounts&Sync--Tap on your email account--Sync Calendar.

It works.

P.S.: It would be useful to be able to do that  from your phone..