Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Actual RAM..!!

good but RAM is very different from SD/TF/HD,when we use 2GB of SD/TF/HD then usable space would be around 1.7GB but when we use 2GB of RAM then we found minimum 1.9 GB of RAM.

RAM(SYSTEM MEMORY) HAS VERY DIFFERENT TECHNOLOGY FROM SD/TF/HD(USER MEMORY). SYSTEM CAN SAVE DATA IN RAM FOR TEMPORARY USE(USER CAN NOT SAVE ANYTHING IN RAM).

IN 512 MB OF RAM FREE MEMORY SHOULD MORE THAN 450MB.(RAM-DDR1,DDR2,DDR3)

Anonymous(anon)

In my phone internal storage is total 420mb , 162 mb free 258 mb used .System storage is total 400 mb 180 mb free 220. Mb used those are from quick system info pro but there is a problem i cant see a2sd :/

The reply button doesn't work so i decided to write from here, i hope you ll notice this. Here is my values from manage application:

Internal storage is total 420 mb, 245 mb used, 175 mb free, ram is total 301 mb 170 mb used 131 mb free i use 2 gb sd so its not necessary to write. In addition i use xperia neo v and i meant a2sd not app2sd its a value in quick system info pro   And finally is there a solution of this problem? How can i use all of my ram ? (kernel has 150 mb ram for itself)

Message was edited by: d4rkmagic

slimshaddy

you should check it here...

settings > applications > manage applications..

see all the tabs and tell me your RAM usage , Internal Storage , memory card storage..

and whats this a2sd..?? you mean apps2sd..??

you have to download that application..

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.a0soft.gphone.app2sd&feature=search_result

this will help u to have the maximum space in your internal memory..

Anonymous(anon)

It finally worked. I repeat my edited message as a reply :

Here is my values from manage application: Internal storage is total 420 mb, 245 mb used, 175 mb free, ram is total 301 mb 170 mb used 131 mb free i use 16 gb sd 13 gb free and rest of it is full. In addition i use xperia neo v and i meant a2sd not app2sd its a value in quick system info pro And finally is there a solution of this problem? How can i use all of my ram ? (kernel has 150 mb ram for itself) Can it be fixed by ics ?

slimshaddy

some RAM is consumed by the android system itself , and its not user accessable so i'm afraid you cnnot use the additional RAM , the only thing you can do is root your phone ( a technical process whih may void the phone's waranty but will give you extra internal storage and RAM )

Anonymous(anon)

Okay, i understood.But maybe ics dont consume any ram, what do u think ?

slimshaddy

i realy hope for that :-| because i got this RAM problem with latest updates.. more and more things are functioning in latest updates.. i really hope ICS fixes all the issues//

Anonymous(anon)

I'm running the ICS beta.  After a reboot I have 78MB free.  I've seen this drop down to 20MB though. Xperia Home is the worst offender at the moment.

Anonymous(anon)

Oh and I have 420MB internal stoarge in total under ICS which is more than GB.  I have installed quite a few apps and games and still have 100MB free.

Anonymous(anon)

What is your phone model ? I watched a video of ics beta on xperia and i really liked it especially task killer function is very good. But user didnt tell anything about ram and internal storage.