Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Actual RAM..!!

good but RAM is very different from SD/TF/HD,when we use 2GB of SD/TF/HD then usable space would be around 1.7GB but when we use 2GB of RAM then we found minimum 1.9 GB of RAM.

RAM(SYSTEM MEMORY) HAS VERY DIFFERENT TECHNOLOGY FROM SD/TF/HD(USER MEMORY). SYSTEM CAN SAVE DATA IN RAM FOR TEMPORARY USE(USER CAN NOT SAVE ANYTHING IN RAM).

IN 512 MB OF RAM FREE MEMORY SHOULD MORE THAN 450MB.(RAM-DDR1,DDR2,DDR3)

Anonymous(anon)

In my phone internal storage is total 420mb , 162 mb free 258 mb used .System storage is total 400 mb 180 mb free 220. Mb used those are from quick system info pro but there is a problem i cant see a2sd :/

The reply button doesn't work so i decided to write from here, i hope you ll notice this. Here is my values from manage application:

Internal storage is total 420 mb, 245 mb used, 175 mb free, ram is total 301 mb 170 mb used 131 mb free i use 2 gb sd so its not necessary to write. In addition i use xperia neo v and i meant a2sd not app2sd its a value in quick system info pro   And finally is there a solution of this problem? How can i use all of my ram ? (kernel has 150 mb ram for itself)

Message was edited by: d4rkmagic

Master
slimshaddy

you should check it here...

settings > applications > manage applications..

see all the tabs and tell me your RAM usage , Internal Storage , memory card storage..

and whats this a2sd..?? you mean apps2sd..??

you have to download that application..

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.a0soft.gphone.app2sd&feature=search_result

this will help u to have the maximum space in your internal memory..

Anonymous(anon)

It finally worked. I repeat my edited message as a reply :

Here is my values from manage application: Internal storage is total 420 mb, 245 mb used, 175 mb free, ram is total 301 mb 170 mb used 131 mb free i use 16 gb sd 13 gb free and rest of it is full. In addition i use xperia neo v and i meant a2sd not app2sd its a value in quick system info pro And finally is there a solution of this problem? How can i use all of my ram ? (kernel has 150 mb ram for itself) Can it be fixed by ics ?

Master
slimshaddy

some RAM is consumed by the android system itself , and its not user accessable so i'm afraid you cnnot use the additional RAM , the only thing you can do is root your phone ( a technical process whih may void the phone's waranty but will give you extra internal storage and RAM )

Anonymous(anon)

Okay, i understood.But maybe ics dont consume any ram, what do u think ?

Master
slimshaddy

i realy hope for that :-| because i got this RAM problem with latest updates.. more and more things are functioning in latest updates.. i really hope ICS fixes all the issues//

Anonymous(anon)

I'm running the ICS beta.  After a reboot I have 78MB free.  I've seen this drop down to 20MB though. Xperia Home is the worst offender at the moment.

Anonymous(anon)

Oh and I have 420MB internal stoarge in total under ICS which is more than GB.  I have installed quite a few apps and games and still have 100MB free.

Anonymous(anon)

What is your phone model ? I watched a video of ics beta on xperia and i really liked it especially task killer function is very good. But user didnt tell anything about ram and internal storage.