Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Auni

Re: ARC/ARC S Battery drain problem Solved Finally !!!!!

I wud post detailed shot soon,

I just used the device after update yesterday. Let's give it a heavy load then see.

but trust me it is giving good output to me, otherwise i wudn't have uploaded the whole process:smileyhappy:

Master
slimshaddy

like i said if you see results then who am i to say :smileywink:

One time poster
Auni

Results after using the Kernel

screenshot_2011-12-29_1821.png

• This is what i got after 16 hours of use, 20% of battery left.
  • App used, Video player, Pdf Reader, Asphalt 6 HD, Quick Office, Market, Music and few more.

***The most IMPORTANT thing is, that the display was on for 5 hours @ 35-40% brightness level. This is a gain for me, With the earlier kernel, i used to get maximum 3hours of display time, with the same amount brightness level set.***

screenshot_2011-12-29_1820.pngscreenshot_2011-12-29_1820_1.png

Another Benchmark is here. Please find this thread.

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/28996

In this thread I have tested ARC S HD video playback capability. And the result was 300 mins playback with fully charged battery.

Now, with the new kernel, ARC S gave me 354 mins of HD video playback.:smileyhappy:

That's another good find for me.

Still results may be not same for all. Actually I am getting better battery back up, so I shared.

Master
slimshaddy

wow great :smileywink:

Anonymous(anon)

Help me, I did all step follow Auni but

Build Number is change 4.0.2.A.0.42 => 4.0.2.A.0.58

it's Ok

but

Kernel version still old my kernel

2.6.32.9-perf

SEMCUser@SEMCHost #1

why not change kernel to .283 ????????????????????????

and Model Name is change LT18i => LT15i   ????????????

Error ?????????

One time poster
Auni

** My Kernel is also the same, even after i tried the above process. But as I mentioned above, that i am seeing changes in battery life.

*** Model No. LT18i to LT15i should not be changed if you do the process correctly. :smileyconfused:

This is the screenshots of my device

screenshot_2012-01-05_2340.png

Did u downloaded the 0.58 firmware from the above given source, then it should work fine. Atleast it worked fine for me.

Anonymous(anon)

555+ That's Alright because I just misstake for download Firmware i just have seen LT15i_0.58

I will try again

Thank You very much Auni

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

Xperia Arc LT15i/a & LT18i/a 2.3.4  4.0.2.A.0.62

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/29197

Anonymous(anon)

Ok, I same you(Model LT18i:smileyhappy:) but when i press *#*#7378423#*#*  and check Software info

that's picture ..........

Phone Software Version  4.0.1.A.0.283

File System 4.0.2.A.0.5.8

screenshot_2012-01-06_2001.JPG

but i receive notification bar for Update Software new version(:smileyconfused: i try to connect PC Companion on my computer then it's same result software want to update) i think about Phone Software Version is old? Yes or No? if you say yes, i ask to Close notification update? but You say No ,then What should i do:smileyconfused:? i should Update Software on Sony Ericsson PC Companion 2.0,right? and the last question i suspect "Kernel version" = "Phone Software Version",right ?

http://image.free.in.th/z/iu/screenshot_20120106_2000.jpg

Thank you very much

Roller

One time poster
Auni

No. 1: The phone is asking for an update because you are using an old "KERNEL". If you update now, it will revert back your kernel version 0.58 stock. So again the battery drain problem might occur. Your firmware version is 0.58, so it's fine, do not worry about the kernel.

So it is upto you, using an old kernel won't affect your phone function.

No. 2: After pressing this *#*#7378423#*#* check model info and if it says LT18i, then it should be fine.

No. 3: If you want the latest firmware update 0.62, then it is mentioned above @ uliwooly-wooly post.

Here's the link again.

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/29197

The update process is well explained there. Please check.

No. 4: The latest update of 0.62 firmware may not be able to combined with the old kernel. It didn't worked for me. So I stick with the old kernel.

**** I have checked, the above kernel combination trick works only with 0.42/0.58 firmware version now.