Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

4.0.2.A.0.42 xperia arc update for india

Can anyone pls tell me if the above update is available for india......somebody says it is, somebody says it isn't. I keep searching for the update but everytime my phone and PCCompanion tells me that the software is upto date. I am presently on 4.0.A.2.368. Is there a update, isn't there a update...:smileyconfused:

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

Re: 4.0.2.A.0.42 xperia arc update for india

remember just because the update it's available in one country it does NOT mean it's available to all networks/carriers. it is available in India.

Anonymous(anon)

Thank u for the reply. But if it's available then why can't my phone or pccompanion detect it??

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

if your network/carrier hasn't released it, you won't be able to detect it

Anonymous(anon)

Its an unbranded arc, not tied to any network/carrier.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

that's odd you can manually update your arc

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/108770#108770

Anonymous(anon)

does it have something to do with the bootloader that i had unlocked and then relocked? before unlocking the bootloader my arc came with a generic fw version I took a backup using SEUS and then created ftf file for the fw....and to test it out i flashed the ftf file... everything was ok so after that i unlocked the bootloader and flashed the doom kernel and after a a few days relocked the bootloader and reflashed the ftf file that i had made...everything works the way it's supposed to work, except for this thing...about the updating part. it just does not detect any update whatsoever

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

just follow the steps on that thread, you do NOT have to neither root nor unlock the bootloader at all

Anonymous(anon)

right got the link .... but that is the .283 update and what about the 4.0.2.a.0.42?

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly