Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: my xperia active get a scratch on its screen

hello there,

I've just read this discussion as I had the same problem with mine (small scratch on the screen)

I can confirm that there's a protection on your screen.

it was not easy to remove it (just at the begining) but after removing it, the glass is perfect.

Hope this will help.

Anonymous(anon)

cool. im happy to hear that, because i thought that the protection screen cannot be remove. and thats permanent forever . So under the protection screen is the gorilla glass? did you remove your screen protector?

Anonymous(anon)

As you can see arround the mic and the speaker, there is a protection on this screen.

I start with my nail from the mic (which seems to be the best to start)

and when I had been able to catch it, the whole screen protoction came without difficulties.

I cannot be sure this is a gorilla or a dragontrail or I don't know what, but from the moment I removed the protection (10 minutes ago) and now, the screen is perfect.

Anonymous(anon)

This is cool.. thank you flubsch.. i hope the protector can be replace . which is good.. having a protector or no?

Anonymous(anon)

For mine, I will not add a new protection and I will trust the original glass.

May be I'm wrong, I'll see.

Anonymous(anon)

i tried scratching it with a key now it has 3 colorful scratches :smileysad: can anybody assure me that this has happened before and it's only the screen protector ? i don't want to remove it and then not find another one or being unable to attach it again

gwhispererz

I believe it is just the screen protector, don't think you can easily scratch the screen on an Xperia Active. Have a closer look at the screen edges.

Anonymous(anon)

hey everyone, i just wanted to share this very important point someone stated in a different post.

adsada arc

16th February 2012, 10:50 AM

Just like to point out something important, the protector that is factory applied and is hard to get off is a SHATTER PROOF SHEET! As the screen has been designed to be airtight (the gap between the screen at the touch layer) I have heard of people who have removed this protector and after dropping their arc, the whole screen shattered :smileysad:

This is why despite having a sh1t load of scratches, I'm too afraid to remove this cover, so I wouldn't really recommend it...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-1050470.html

PLEASE RECONSIDER taking out the 2nd protection screen?

i, however, own an Xperia mini, and am still saving up to purchase an Active in maybe 1-2years from now :smileysilly: HOW ARE YOUR Xperia Active phones?? any complaints? any praises? Updates about your own xperia active phones would be greatly appreciated. :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

as you can see in many review , xperia active screen is hard to scratch(scratch resistant) after removing the screen protector., and i test to put it in a water and its  true, water resistant. Its the coolest phone i know, and can hold many application running without hang.

Anonymous(anon)

hello guys, iam looking to buy an Active, but on the website for The United States I can not find a way to buy it, could anyone tell where to go to buy it?