Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Xperia Active battery

Xperia Active is unfortunately not good phone for travellers or hikers because of weak battery.

Is there any other more powerful battery on market, that fits for Xperia Active?

Standard battery is 1200 mAh, but for 3-4 day hiking trips in low signal areas and for nonstop use of GPS I need much better battery than standard one.

Are there some solutions? Even if I turn off all unnecessary applications, battery still works only for 1,5 days. 2-3 same type backup batteries are not a solution. 

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

Re: Xperia Active battery

if your phone remains charged for about 12 hours w/ a single charge, that's normal on smartphones.

you can go to settings -> about phone -> battery use, and you can see that the Screen drains the battery, that's normal.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

try this

turn off:

wifi

bluetooth

sync

lower the brightness

also turn off your 3G/data plan, that will give a few extra hours

this is a great app to do all that

Power Control

https://market.android.com/details?id=at.abraxas.powerwidget.free&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W25....

or just on the homescreen -> press MENU -> add -> widget -> data traffic, on/off wifi, on/off bluetooth, etc

Anonymous(anon)

Yes, I know that, but my question is - are there any other batteries (from other Sony Ericsson phones), that are more powerful (for example 1800 mAh or more etc) and fit also for Xperia Active phone?

Anonymous(anon)

Everything is already done, the question is, that I need another more powerful battery, because these actions wont help for long time.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

I can't seem to find info on the battery, can you remove the back cover and check the name/codename of the battery?

Ifor

I am suprised you can get 1.5 days contunuase GPS use. 3-4 days none stop is unrealistic.  Most good gps reciver chips are somthing like 30ma at 3V minimum so if that was the only thing using power your looking at 40 hours tops.  If you want 3-4 days none stop gps you will need some an external power source, I am sure somthing with the apropriate usb socket is avalible but it will be heavy and you will loose the waterproofness when you have it pluged in.

In areas with patchy signal it makes a big difference if you put the phone in airplane mode so it will stop trying to find a signal all the time.  If you still want to be contactable you will have to switch it on intermitently the check.  There may well be an app to automate this sort of stuff e.g.  Just come one 5 minutes in the hour.

Anonymous(anon)

To uliwooly-wooly: batterys name is EP 500.

1200mAh, 4.5Wh.

Anonymous(anon)

Yap, indeed, for back packers like me as well, the battery will not last long (1.5 days is lucky enough). The only solution I think I can share is to buy an external battery backup (e.g. powerbank, powerport, etc. [any usb capable chargers for iphone, ipods will also work]) so we can charge our phones anytime of the day when the battery is low.

Demigod
sushidushi

I agree that your best bet here would be to by an extra battery, if there is no way of charging it. I am pretty sure that there is not a more powerful official battery. An external power source would do the job, but I doubt you'd want to carry the extra weight.

Ifor above mentioned using the phone is airplane mode when you can. This makes a huge difference if you're able to do that.