Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
fablman

Sony Xperia Active doesn't connect to PC when in USB-Debugging

Hello,

I don't know why, but the xperia active is bugging me. When I connect the phone with USB-Debugging turned off everything works fine. The PC Companion software and Windows explorer recognize the device, but when I turn on USB-Debugging (which I need because I want to test my self-programmed Android apps) the device gets disconnected instantly and I cannot select it as a target device for debugging in Eclipse.

In the device manager of Windows under "Other devices" there's an entry labeled "ST17i" which seems to be the phone, but there's the yellow warning icon which indicates that no driver is installed. However, when I right-click and choose to update the driver, Windows doesn't find any driver online.

I even looked for a driver here http://developer.sonymobile.com/wportal/devworld/search-downloads/driver, but apparently there's no driver for the xperia active.

The Android Version is 4.0.4 (got the phone today and updated it) and my PC OS is Windows 7

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Community Manager
Johan

Re: Sony Xperia Active doesn't connect to PC when in USB-Debugging

You could try to point the search for drivers to the drivers folder in PC Companion or Android SDK. Both of those folders contains needed drivers for debugging.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.