Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Screen Question

Good day! I'm about to get an Xperia Active soon, however, based on the stuff that I've read online, I would just like to have this thing clarified:

Is Xperia Active REALLY scratch-resistant?

Here are some of the things I've read:

- The specifications given on this site does not tell that it is scratch-resistant. It only resists water and dust.

- GSMarena.com tells that it is scratch resistant, but no particular glass type is given (i.e Gorilla / Dragontrail glass)

- One of the topics in this forum said that his unit got scratches on screen.

- Also in the mentioned topic, it was said that it has been "officially announced" that Xperia Active uses Dragontrail glass.

...I'm quite confused, and I know that the same goes with others.

Could someone please clarify this? Thank you very much.

Community Manager
Johan

Re: Screen Question

Active has a scratch resistant mineral glass. Stated in it's official white paper.

http://developer.sonyericsson.com/wportal/devworld/downloads/download/sonyericssonxperiaactivewhitep...

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

is it the SAME "scratch resistant mineral glass" that the other Xperia phones have?

Arc

Neo

Pro

X10

Play

Mini/Pro

X10 Mini/Pro

Ray

???

Anonymous(anon)

...oh,is that so? That's... well... official, so I guess it won't change anytime soon, or not at all.

Come to think of it, Defy+ has the same IP67 properties, as well as a Gorilla Glass screen.

Anyway, thank you very much for the reply.

Anonymous(anon)

Beeeep

Hey, ive just read this, and i too want to know the answer to uliwooly's question.

And what is a mineral glass anyway? is that a different thing with gorilla glass or dragontrail thingy

Community Manager
Johan

Xperia active has Dragontrail glass while our other phones uses a scratch resistant glass or coating.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.