Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Problems with the orginal Sony wetter widget

May it possible that the file weatherwidget.apk on the phone is not o.k?

It is possible to get it new from another?

gwhispererz

The problem seems to be software related, however if nothing works, best option is to visit the local Service Centre, they should be able to help you.

Anonymous(anon)

sorry but the local service center in town do not have a clue.

The only thing the made is a reset or you get a other phone. But this is no solution for me.

Because my new phone is mine and i do not want a other used phone because why is this phone taken back. But i never give up so i will find a solution. This is a challenge for me ;-)

Thanks to all for your help

p.s. i thougt that another user had the same Problem ergo Solution

gwhispererz

You may want to update your solution if you find one.

I will advise if I can come up with another suggestion.

Anonymous(anon)

No Problem

Thanks very much.

p.s. a last question. Is there anywhere a place where i can download this weather widget from Sony

orginall?

gwhispererz

You can either spend time google-ing or check out XDA site.

Good luck!

Anonymous(anon)

Hey i found on XDA Developers to files. One is a rar and one a zip. The rar contains only on file called weatherwideget.apk. The zip file contains more See on the picture i take by.

What is the different. Need i only to copy the weatherwidget.apk on the system/app ordner or must i copy the other files although?

Sorry for the questin i am a little confused I thought a Widget is only one file with the ending .apk What means the other files?WWapk.JPG

Forum Legend
uliwooly

check this out

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/164329#164329

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

But i have the Sony Active! This is for the arc which i think have more specifications

Although my question exist: What mean the other files. Do i need this for Install. I have copied the weatherwidget.apk to system/app

Then i double click and want to install. It write not possible but after i put the widget on the desktop it was there. But i must wait to controll if this

widget refresh otherwise my Problem exist still

Forum Legend
uliwooly

they widgets on that link should work with active, trust me, you only need the apk file, but you should try the other apks you will really like them

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)