Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Problems with the orginal Sony wetter widget

O.K.

First thanks for your help

My Problem is only the weather widget app from Sony Active.

It normally shows the temperature and the actually weather! It should refesh every 2 Hours.

But it do not refresh. I removed it and made it new but after many hours it is always the same!

I have allready active internet connection and mobile Data. The other widgets i have are o.k and refresh

only the sony weather widget do not refresh. If i made it new on the desktop it has the actuall weather but this is it No automatically refresh!

Sorry for the confusion explain

Demigod
santam

haha no problem!!;-)  well the widget takes time!! to update I mean if u set ur update interval after 2hr when u notice ur screen after 2hr gv that widget a time it wud update automatically!!:-S

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution.
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
Anonymous(anon)

What do you mean it takes time? My intervall is 2 Hours. After 3 Days (that means 74 hours) it shows still yet the weather and fahrenheit from 3 days ago

gwhispererz

Are you having this issue since you got the phone? If you do, suggest performing a factory reset.

Be aware that this will erase phone data completely, backup if necessary.

Settings>Privacy>Factory data reset.

Anonymous(anon)

Thank you gwhispererz. This was my first try to solve the Problem. I allready made a complett Factory Reset. But it does not solve the Problem. After this i made a Repair with the sony Companion.

And at least i did flash an older Version (.42) and after this i made an OTA Upgrade to the new .62 Version.

Maybe i forgot something or is it possible that another weather Widget (Fancy) block the orginal Widget von Sony

p.s. After two weeks i had this phone new i had once this Problem, but after some time it is going much often.

Demigod
santam

mmm...ok there's another one tap and hold on homescreen and the widget tray will pop up select the news and weather then tap weather try it out!! keep us updated!!

Anonymous(anon)

Sanatm yes i know this but call me stupid but i prefer the sony widget because it is nice an a little bit anymated.

gwhispererz

My only advice for you is to repair software (again), make sure that you do not log in to your GMail account YET. Don't restore any backup yet. Test the weather widget and see if it works.

Keep us updated.

Anonymous(anon)

Thank you for your advice.

But i made this allready. I never restored a backup. I use 2 Phones one htc hd and the sony active.

This is why i do not backup becaue i did not need all the apps on the sony.

I think it is a setting that not work correctly.

Demigod
santam

I knw I use the stock sony widget 2!! the sun stars all those gliters I like that too!! follow gwhisperez advice and keep updated!!