Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
ShedoSurashu

How to slow down ambient light adjustment?

Okay so far here's my third thread about getting help with regards to my phone. I notice that I often get a flickering screen from time to time and it's rather annoying. I know that it does this because of the built in ambient light detection but it's doing it so fast that it interferes with user experience. When I try to search for problems related to screen flickering, I often get solutions like "update your software" or something like that. The problem is, I don't know how to update my software? Another thread said that the reason it was flickering was because the software wasn't up-to-date and on the latest one, setting the screen brightness to max (something I already have) will stop the auto adjusting of light.

Going to Settings > About phone, it says Build Number 4.0.2.A.0.62. So is that the latest version? Because when I go to Settings > About phone > Software Update, it says I have the latest one.

Also, as you can see above, my Wifi connection and mobile network signal is very poor for some reason. I never noticed this before because I'm mostly on open areas but now I'm at the office, it's starting to show these problems. I have a laptop and the signal is on full bars for the wifi as well as other mobile phones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Master
slimshaddy

Re: How to slow down ambient light adjustment?

the ambient sensor is an issue in neo v and arc also...

a user replied that he put tape on the sensor nd now its not flickering anyore.. you may try it...

as far as updating is concerned.. they meant to re-install the software...

i dont know if it will be solved by updating or not but if you want to..

update your phone with this..

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service

this is an official sony software so don't worry..

and if it says your phone is up-to-date click on install anyway..

and wifi - i always get 1 bar in my arc which constantly drops and laptop gets full bars , i dont kno if this is a problem...

One time poster
ShedoSurashu

Thank you for the reply!

For the flicker issue, I don't think I'd want to put tape over the sensor for design's sake. :smileysilly:

For updating, I forgot to include that I'm on a mac xD

For wifi, as I said above other mobile phones pick up the wifi's signal with flying colors.It's only active that seems to be having some trouble keeping up with the internet. It will get full bars for a few minutes then go back to 1 then none then 1 again. But mostly it stays at 1 bar of signal.

Demigod
santam

Haha ...lol...

Here's the link for pc companion....select mac...:smileytongue:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/software/phones/xperia-active/

And install it on you're pc...I think..Sony update service won't work in mac due to system requirements....

Try installing the pc companion....and repair you're phone.....

Though you're phone is having the latest software but install pc companion then go to support zone> repair phone...and repair you're phone...please note you'll lost all you're phone data like contacts,message...except SD card and sim contacts..so

Keep us updated too...:smileytongue:

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution.
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
One time poster
ShedoSurashu

I don't see the Support Zone. :smileysad:

Demigod
santam

Eeee... Actually I don't have a mac os...didn't tried it before...ok mmm...

What options are there...?? Could you post a screenshot of the window...there...??

OR

Could you access any other pc/laptop running on xp Sp 2/vista/windows 7

Check this link or the link provided by @slim and go through the system requirements...

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

Keep us updated....:smileyyahoo:

One time poster
ShedoSurashu

I made a short screencast to tour you around the menus of the Sony Bridge for Mac.

You can see it here -> http://www.dailymotion.com/video/kLJtrWNUO2hYmb2YuCi

One time poster
ShedoSurashu

Any update on this? :/

Master
slimshaddy

sorry i dont have any idea on this..

Demigod
santam

Hi...

Sorry for being..late..I was..busy with my studies...:smileysad:

Ok...I did checked...you're video...and yes there's an option....the phone restore...that is similar to...phone repair SUS...the link me and slim...gave....but it said...failed...in you're video...I'll say try that again...with MTP/MSC mode..for this..go to..

Setting>sony Ericsson>connectivity and USB connections mode..change those...as I mentioned..and see...if works..

And....

Well I think...You're aware of the upcoming ICS...update...so user who have got the update said...there's an option included at this update...too disable the auto brightness...so you got my point I hope...:smileysmileywink:

Keep us updated..:smileyyahoo: