Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

How to retrieve application data backed up at Google

I've got my Xperia lost or stolen.

I didn't sync my contact with Google contacts.

Recently in Google Dashboard I've found in "More data stored about this device" the table named "List of applications with backup on our server". One of the listed entries is com.sonyericsson.android.socialphonebook.

Does that mean, that my phonebook is backed up at Google?

If it is, is there any way to retrieve it without using a phone?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: How to retrieve application data backed up at Google

open your gmail -> on the left side click on contacts

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

That's not it. I did not sync contacts.

But I've got something backed up. I don't know if it is the app itself or the phonebook and have no idea how to get this backup back.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

just try and check on your gmail see if they are there, bc your phone its set up by default to sync your contacts

on an Xperia running 2.3.4

settings -> privacy ->

Back up my data

Back up applications data, Wi-Fi passwords, and other settings to google servers.

automatic restore

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

No contacts in gmail.

I''ve got no xperia to the date. I want to find way to retrieve the backup not using a phone. If it is right backup and if it is possible.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I know you don't have an Xperia right now BUT as I said that its a pre-selected feature that Sony backup certain data on Google's clouds, they used to have their Sony Ericsson Sync but that's long gone since mid December, instead they have what I'd described

Forum Legend
uliwooly

you can read about it here on page 122

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/lt26/userguide_EN_LT26_1261-9418.1.pdf

this info its not on the Active's manual because the Xperia Active was released w/o this function

Anonymous(anon)

So,  it means I can get this backup on some other Xperia logged in with my account?

Is this the only way?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I haven't been able to find any other way around this, it seems that might be the only way (it might work with an android tablet or another android, I would post this question on the official Google/Android forum)

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Uliwooly is correct; you would need another android device with the same account to restore this information.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.