Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Back Button Problem (Goes Erratic)

Just new with my Xperia Active bought last December 2011... I suddenly noticed it sometimes the back button is performing erratically; if I open the home menu or any application in my homescreen the application will just appear and will close immediately after without doing anything... now when I press the back button for about 5 seconds or more then the problem dissipates soon enough. I already upgraded to version 4.0.2.a.0.62 yet it's still happening sometimes (twice or thrice a week)?

A good explanation is very much appreciated. Thank you.

slimshaddy

Re: Back Button Problem (Goes Erratic)

since you already updated to 0.62.. best option is to go to a service centre and get it checked.. can be a hardware issue..

Sony Xperia Support
Jake-SonyXperiaSupport

I agree, the handset would be best checked by an authorised repair agent. Please use the link below to find contact details of Sony Ericsson within your region.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/common/contact/phonelist

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Thank you guys for the help. Maybe it is a hardware problem.

slimshaddy

hmm keep us updated..

One time poster
skela

I am not sure if this is similar to what you saw. A week ago, my Xperia Active (also on the .62 firmware) acted strangely when I pulled it out of the pocket. I unlocked the screen, and the context menu kept popping up and disappearing, as if I had been clicking the menu and back buttons faster than possible. It would also vibrate continuously. I exited this mode by shortly pressing the power button to engage the screen lock. This occurred also the next time when I unlocked the screen. I do not remember if I had to reboot the device to fully cure the problem.

I was suspecting that it could be some problem with static electricity. I normally keep the phone in a cotton shirt pocket, with no problems. On that day, I was attending a formal party and having the phone in a suit jacket pocket.

Anonymous(anon)

Yup what you experienced is same as mine. Your haptic feedback is ON that's why it is vibrating continuously. It happened to me with unlocked/locked screen and the only solution I did is to press the back button for about 5 seconds or more. I didn't take my battery out though, I only did remove it when I experienced another problem when my screen went totally black even though my 3 buttom keys are lit when pressing unlock keys.

Thanks for sharing the same experience. I thought am the only one experiencing this kind of problem.

Anonymous(anon)

Got the exact same issue today the first time. Happened when checking youtube. You checked with support yet?

Are there repair centres/agents in Belgium? When following the link I get transferred to the home page...

One time poster
skela

I got this behaviour the second time yesterday. It acted strangely for a while after I stopped a 20-minute call. Again, pushing the power button or holding the back button did stop the constant vibrations. It was back to normal within a minute or so.