Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Pink spot with xperia z3 camera

Learner

Pink spot with xperia z3 camera

Hi, I just got my z3 less than a week ago, today I notice pink spot with the camera and all the photos I take. Is this a software issue or should I take it to sony a.s.a.p? Sample photo:

DSC_0036.JPG

Forum Legend

Re: Pink spot with xperia z3 camera

i recall something simalar with the Xperia S and the flash been an issue when trying to take a close up photo and the flash is used - However just to be safe I would have this checked but I'd also take some pictures with the flash turned off also

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Learner

camera pink spot

hello guys, is anyone experiencing this issue with the  rear z3c camera? i've noticed that the problem seems to be partially related to the white balance and exposure and it's also a common deal with many other smartphones and tablets cameras (not just sony branded ones)

i was wondering if it was a common issue or my unit was damaged,in this case i will give my device back to sony.

DSC_0018.JPGDSC_0037.JPGrsz_img_20141001_133440.jpgrsz_img_20141001_133508.jpg

Master

Re: camera pink spot

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I'm sorry to hear that.
I suggest that you raise this with your local support team to check how to proceed with this in the best possible way.:
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner

Re: camera pink spot

new device from sony....but same pink spot in the camera, pictures in low light conditions are almost unusable sad

i guess it's a software problem at this point.

i have to say i'm pretty disappointed.

Learner

I have consulted sony centre where I bought the phone and will need to send my z3 to the service center for diagnosis and repair perhaps.

I need to wait for my z1 to return from service centre (lol) so I will have to bear with the pink spot in some of my photos in the meantime.

Oh, also the sales rep suggested that I do a factory reset, and i did, and the problem still persist. 

Commissioner

May it be related to new software with increased ISO?
Basically we have the same camera in Z2 but no pinkish blur with or without LED lamp... strange for so fresh device.

> Give cudos or mark as solution if helped, give others a chance to find it.
Regular

same problem here,

disappointed

Adviser

here as well sad

Regular

same problem here