Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Visitor
krystian

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

When scrolling down randomly zoom in or highlighting!?? When playing games after few minutes unable to move or aim. It does register single touch but when i try to draw a line, after few cm cuts off. This is very annoying!!!
Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Test your touchscreen

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonymobile.androidapp.functiontester

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
krystian

I have tested touchscreen. At first time everything was allright, I can see yellow line and it didn't dissappear but when I did test second time yellow line keept disappearing after just few cm and it is like screen stops registering touch for a moment!!?? is it hardware related problem?
Visitor
8charlie

I have the exact same problem. I tested it more than 10 times. Half of the time it was fine but sometimes it couldn't smoothly track my finger but had LOTS of interruptions in the yellow lines.

They have a new firmware update that's being rolled out. It's supposed to have some bugfixes, let's hope this is one if them. I've encountered this problem a lot now but whenever I restart the phone it's fine, which I'm hoping means it's just a software problem.

The update is supposed to contain some changes to screen calibration, so who knows. Gonna try and be optimistic.
Visitor
Gruff

[ Edited ]

I have this problem as well. Extremely frustrating especially when using "swipe" style keyboard.

The problem is demonstated well here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0sqwwUoEPc 

Very much hoping it is a software bug that will soon be sorted.

Gruff

One time poster
TheDiamondGames

I get the same thing too! But the worst thing is maybe that, touchscreen hardware is maybe bad, I lock my screen, clean buggy spot with hand.and after that it's ok
Learner
EngwarElf

[ Edited ]

Same here, Sony haven't mentioned anything about this.. I think it's a software issue cause most of the time is working properly.. Until it goes bonkers. Having issues typing with swipe/flow gestures. I'd just like to know if this if really a software thing (that will be fixed) or a hardware thing that I need to send my phone back to the shop for.. So sad, and disappointed.. I originally left Samsung for Sony because I thought they had better quality.. Maybe HTC is the way to go?

Edit: Hasn't been fixed with the new 4.3 firmware 14.2.a.1.136 update. It happens with lesser frequency, but it still happens.

One time poster
BadaBing

I have the same problem. Very annoing. It's been to service once, but they obviously did not fix it.

Here is a Youtube video showing the problem:

Video of Xperia Z1 touchscreen problem

Inhabitant
nonamedk

Z1 Touchscreen issue

Is the touchscreen issue a hardware or software issue?
I need to now if i had to send my Phone back to the store.

Se problem here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj1P0X12r_A&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Inhabitant
nonamedk

Same problem here. I hope it is a software issue.
Is it a hardware or a software issue? Can someone confirm?