Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Rookie
dady_88
Accepted Solution

can't update via mobile network. just wifi

hi.. I want to ask, why Xperia z1 I can not update using mobile phone networks, can only software update using wifi only. network settings wifi only can not be unchecked.

Please reply
alexdon

Re: can't update via mobile network. just wifi

Mobile network does not offer the best speeds needed for updating,given the update size which is pretty big.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us - J.R.R. Tolkien
Rookie
dady_88

Thanks for your reply. So this problem is not only happened to me right? all the Xperia z1 also that? because I do not have wifi network just mobile network. because when compared brand samsung, samsung can update using mobile network.
alexdon

Yes,you are not the only one.Others got update pending(for eg Xperia L firmware update which is not that big as a software update 4.3) on the network.You need greater speeds to download,network does not offer the best speeds.Try to use a pc,it will give you better results.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us - J.R.R. Tolkien
Rookie
dady_88

Ok. Thanks alexdon.
I hope a later day Sony can be such as brands other can live updates via mobile network too.
Thanks
alexdon

You are welcome.You may still try via network,but do not have a guarantee it will ever work.Search this forum for other issues,keep in touch.

Sony Xperia Support
Sam

To be honest it is not always in your best interest to update via the network instead of wifi, especially if the update is large. If anything goes wrong during the process it could corrupt the update file which would in turn cause harm to your phone.

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Visitor
unofficial_developer

I might just have found the solution. I faced the same problem before downloading the first updates it said pending network. The reason for it was that the sim I was using was on roaming.. and when you are on roaming, you can't download your first Updates. ... then I removed the sim and tried a sim with no roaming (local sim) it started downloading. Then I stopped the download and downloaded updates via pc companion (or wifi). After installing the update, you will be able to download the rest of the updates even if you are roaming... problem solved!!
Wishes!!!!