Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Rea
Adviser
Rea

Z1 likely has a self cracking screen like the Z

[ Edited ]

If you experience a screen cracking, without hitting the phone, or without other physical damage, it means it suffers from the same flaw the Xperia does and that you will be experiencing "the best of Sony" and will no longer be a fan, since Sony refuses to acknowledge the issue, even though the Dutch (as the first) consumer watchdog already called on Sony to take responsibility for their manufacturing flaws, as opposed to current disgraceful behavior. http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Xperia-Z-screen-cracked-in-pocket/td-p/316141/highlight... Z1 uses same materials and design (the frame is not the issue, so being from aluminum is irrelevant), so it is only logical it will have same problems. Sony knows about the issue so do not believe you will be the first one, if having such and issue and check google and do a search for xperia Z screen crack. I would suggest you at least postpone purchasing the phone until it is tested a bit, since Sony will not want to recognize the fault within warranty and will try to blame you and ignore you. It is not a decent company. Not anymore. Just make sure you are informed about the issue before forking over the money because repairs cost 70-80% of price of a new phone. Trust me, when it happens to you.

Enthusiast
mani43

Re: Z1 likely has a self cracking screen like the Z

Check my post out. Subject crack
Rea
Adviser
Rea

It is probably just the begining... Unfortunately you are entering a journey through bizzarely stupid behavior on part

of Sony but make sure you stay firm. The mass of these complaints will reach critical mass and will overrun their

moronic short term focus on only trying to save in the short run by cheating its own customers...

One time poster
MysticMayo

I am that one of few unlucky owner of Sony Z1 with cracked screen..My Sony Z1 screen got cracked 2days back without hitting anything , it was in my pocket and Service centre are blaming i might have dropped it. I hv gave my phone to Sony centre and awaiting replacement. My faith in Sony is gone and cannot such premium product suffer from shattering of glass. Totally disappointed with Sony .
Inhabitant
Abakadaba

[ Edited ]

I bought xperia z before a month and a half, my back panel is lifted becouse glue is melting down or something. I think that z after a almost a year is far better at the begining,thats why I bought Z, but not its very phone, and before three days i bought z1. And the baack is spontanious cracking yesterday. What can i say more????????????????????

Visitor
yaro1

I have the same issue with my phone. Left it on the bed and it just self cracked. Is anyone here who managed to use warranty to fix that ?

Adept
reatu

Sony supposedly admitting self cracking screens

For now, it is a rumor, and one with a GREAT flaw, it true in the part citing only admitting it in case

of a single crack in the glass:

http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/11/08/sony-will-repair-certain-cracked-displays-for-xperia-z-series-s...

If this is true, and Sony will only admit it in case of one single crack, it is a dirty ploy, to divide users with the self cracking screen in two. It would mean only covering maybe 10% of users with cracked screens, cheaply trying to buy an image

of correcting own flaws, while trying to make the res of users (with more cracks) artificially look like cheats and Sony

as a potential victim of such cheating victims, washing its hands also in terms of why waiting before reacting, etc.

So if Sony is actually finally admitting it and will fix everyone's phone, it was about time. If the part about a single crack is

correct, then Sony is even dirtier than first thought. Mine cracked with three of four lines cracking simultaneously

in front of my eyes, when pushing the power button. Then, while using the phone further, maybe one or two more

appeared over time. About a third of my screen was not usable but I kept using it with a lot of hassle.

So this MIGHT be a step in right direction but ONLY if it isn't an even bigger scam, trying to wash its hands, by making 

itself look respectable, and trying to portray some 80-90% of sufferers look as cheats, which would be even more

disgusting than the original offence of denials, lies and just being dishonest to the bone towards us users.

We will see shortly.

Visitor
OVER9000

Re: Sony supposedly admitting self cracking screens

Well with more reading I am growing more annoyed it seems it is a known common problem and warrants attention from Sony not ignorance such a good phone ruined by such a poor failure .

Adept
reatu

Products fail all the time. In this case, it is the company as a whole failing its consumers so embarrasingly that is just astounding. The lengths of which the users need to go through to get basic common service and warranty coverage, are just beyond me. 

Regular
b02mne

If this is true, it would mean that my problem is under warranty. 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Xperia-z-screen-crack/m-p/441605#M22674

And in the end i dont think i will be able to use my warranty since i bought the phone in USA and now i moved to Europe.