Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

harry88

Z1 Repair - SONY or Dealer?

Hello,

I need to send my Z1 for repair. Do you think it's best to send it directly to Sony or to the repair centre of Carphone Warehouse where I bought it from? Or does it not make any difference??

Screen is cracked

Many thanks

H.

Sony Xperia Support
Hampus

Re: Z1 Repair - SONY or Dealer?

I suggest that you contact your local support team to get information about how you should proceed in this case:
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Inhabitant
Press_Down_shift

its allways gud to send directly to SONY cos this may take lesser time and you can be sure u will get it ready ASAP

if u pass it to the local vendor they will also just send it to SONY so the time and energy is wasted instead of it just pass it directly to sony...

Please hit KUDOS if Reply helped to solve your problem

And please Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution.
Apprentice
Humiki

Macc

So problem solved? Actually the guys advised you properly. You have to go directly to sony service center.
Apprentice
Phil_Indeblanc

I already tried SONY does NOT repair cracked screens.

I was on the support call. They said they would evaluate, and 14 days I should have the phone back. within 5 days the phone was sent back to me without repair. Just a note saying that the phone was abused. Yes, I dropped it out of my pocket from 3 feet on concrete. screen did crack.

Sony doesn't repair cracked or broken screens. Simple as that. This Z1s was less than 2 months old. I know I droped it and will pay for the repair, BUT regardless of cost, SONY DOES NOT REPAIR this phone.  The glass to this phone is paper thin.

3rd party is able to repair the screen but will not advise you to getting it wet again.

Talent
senhor

Sony should have offered you to repair the phone with paying a lot of money. They have to repair your phone if you want. As I know producers have to produce parts of their products for repairing between 5-10 years.

Apprentice
Phil_Indeblanc

[ Edited ]

You're Right, they SHOULD have!!

NOPE, they don't have to...AND APARENTLY,  THEY CAN'T REPAIR THEM!

Anyway. Bottom line....They can't repair a cracked screen ! Don't buy this phone! If you think you have good handling abilities and a case. Good luck! I have used cell phones for about 20 years, and I have seen a cracked screen before, and I have seen glass used in making different brands. This is literally paper thin, about 2-3 sheets worth! Thinnest I have seen.

If it isn't in a case that is rigid, even in a case it have a HIGH potential to crack if not a hard case. (let alone the washing out in light is bad enough to avoid it). I should have tested that out within the return policy time.

It had been a while since I stopped buying Sony. Sometimes 9 year ago they used to make the best TV sets. Before then, they used to make some of the best portable audio. They fell in some ditch at some time, and I thought maybe they had gotten their act together in the market segment and I tried it on a $600 cell phone. My mistake! Sony, you were the Lexus of audio and electronics...You are still and now the Yaris. Perhaps too much focus on film and music and that latter burst in their face?  Shame. I'm not sure of who the top person in Sony is these days, but I bet you sleep at night just by thinking about the market share numbers to your investors. Sell the best name with the cheapest product.....I know some integral execs who would Hara-kiri before such a disgrace.

So not only did I lose the $600, but also the FedeX shipping :-)

And then toi have the nerve of saying..."Sorry for the inconvenience"...WOW!

Talent
senhor

If you want me to tell the truth I throw it many times while I am drunk and it doesn't get cracked or starched. There is always a chance that your screen gets cracked with mobilephone. Its all about collision angle and pressure.