Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Nicole2

Z1 English input problem while using Xperia Chinese Keyboard

Here are my settings:

Xperia Chinese Keyboard

Portrait View

Phonepad keyboard

English input

T9 on

Problem:

In this input mode, it does not allow me to input individual letters, forces me to choose from a very limited "suggested word" list. I have to turn off T9 in order to type properly but that makes typing very annoying. Another option is to switch to the international keyboard but since I have to type in both english and Chinese very often, doing this is very time consuming. I also had the "learn new word" option on, but if I am not allowed to type individual letters with T9 on, how do I write any words that's not on the suggested list? And how can it "learn" any words?

I have been using Xperia S for over a year and had just switched to Z1 one day ago. Using the same setting as above with Xperia S was wonderful. The suggested word list was very comprehensive and the learn new words function worked like magic! I wonder if they changed the dictionary? Or is this a bug?

Please help me solve this issue.

Many thanks.

Advicer
talo1019

Re: Z1 English input problem while using Xperia Chinese Keyboard

Try Swype

Drawback is that it costs some money but it's not much and works well.

TJY
One time poster
TJY

Re: Z1 English input problem while using Xperia Chinese Keyboard

I have the same problem on my Sony Zr either!
Help!