Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Nicole2

Z1 English input problem while using Xperia Chinese Keyboard

Here are my settings:

Xperia Chinese Keyboard

Portrait View

Phonepad keyboard

English input

T9 on

Problem:

In this input mode, it does not allow me to input individual letters, forces me to choose from a very limited "suggested word" list. I have to turn off T9 in order to type properly but that makes typing very annoying. Another option is to switch to the international keyboard but since I have to type in both english and Chinese very often, doing this is very time consuming. I also had the "learn new word" option on, but if I am not allowed to type individual letters with T9 on, how do I write any words that's not on the suggested list? And how can it "learn" any words?

I have been using Xperia S for over a year and had just switched to Z1 one day ago. Using the same setting as above with Xperia S was wonderful. The suggested word list was very comprehensive and the learn new words function worked like magic! I wonder if they changed the dictionary? Or is this a bug?

Please help me solve this issue.

Many thanks.

Advicer
talo1019

Re: Z1 English input problem while using Xperia Chinese Keyboard

Try Swype

Drawback is that it costs some money but it's not much and works well.

TJY
One time poster
TJY

Re: Z1 English input problem while using Xperia Chinese Keyboard

I have the same problem on my Sony Zr either!
Help!