Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
superninjacrabking

Xperia z1 screen broken

My Xperia z1 screen cracked while in my pocket..Will this be covered under the warranty? Also how do I remove the pattern lock to back up my data and stuff on the PC as i have no touch feedback in that area.

Also if not covered under the warranty how much will it cost to replace the screen? just a ball park figure would do.

Thanks

Sony Xperia Support
Rickard

Re: Xperia z1 screen broken

Sorry to hear about your phone.

The phone needs to be investigated by a service location before we can say if it's covered by warranty or not. For information on what a repair may cost if it's not covered by warranty i recommend that you contact your local Sony Xperia support: http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/. They can also provide you with information on your nearest service location.

If the touch screen doesn't work and the phone is locked you can't make a backup.

Commissioner
Sophia

It's really difficult to replace a new LCD screen after witnessing a Sony Xperia Z1 teardown by myself. 

Replacing a LCD screen also need to open the whole phone from the back galss like the tear down video do.So if it's expensive, it's normal. I found a LCD screen here about $108. If repairing your screen cost much more, it must be for operation and other adhesive stickers.

Also your phone should be more careful to the water, because your phone has been opened clean, you should pay more attention to it's waterproof.

Good luck to you and your Z1.

Learner
Maki_Uki

I have the same problem. When my friend called me and I pulled my Xperia Z1 out of the pocket, I was really disappointed - the screen of new Xperia Z1 (I had purchased it only two weeks ago) was broken. I did not hit the phone or scratch the screen, just pulled it out of my pocket. I tried to bring to the official center and very hoped for guaranty repairing, but they refused to repair saying it was my fault and asked approximately a half of the price of the phone to change the screen. Is it normal?

Commissioner
Sophia

you can find that there are many users have the same problem. Sony use the screen different from other brands, and it seems this kind of screen is a little weak~

Learner
Maki_Uki

Dear Sophia. Thank you very much for your reply :smileyhappy:. But the question is who will return me my money? Why should I suffer from the lack of responsibility of one company? Today is the phone, tomorrow it will be more sophisticated equipment, whose damage can cause not only wasting of my money, but may be even a life? In my opinion, the company manufacturing such a device should know about all the production defects and should exchange it or just repair it freely, and this should be done with the compensation at least with official apologizing.

One time poster
Kareem_Rabie

here's a not usual solution to unlock yourphone before sending it to repair center to bbackup your staff .

you bring ( buy - borrow from a friend ) a usb converter , to convert the usb from you phone ( small plug ) to the normal usb as the computer one . and you instert a mouse usb in the converter and then you can use mouse to control your phone without using the touch screen ,

i hope that helped  you.

could you tell me the price of changing the touchscreen for Xperia z. 

thank you.

One time poster
Cdvargas

I recently took my phone out of my pocket and it was in a protective case. Where can I get this repaired under the warranty. I am an electronic technician and this is very obviously a flaw in the phone. If it isn't repaired for free I will repair it myself and never buy anything Sony again!

One time poster
crs1998

Yesterday i met with an accident due that my screen broke.It was bought on 23rd march 2014.Will I get a replacement for my phone or I have to put a ew screen

Sony Xperia Support
Sam

@crs1998 - You would need to speak with your local  Xperia Care team regarding service/warranty questions sorry.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.