Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Greenhorn
Richy

Xperia Z1 Memory Card

I bought a Xperia Z1 and it is expandable upto 64Gb. So i bought this Scan Disk Memory card but it is not showing in the phone. Does Xperia Z1 support exfat32 format?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Xperia Z1 Memory Card

it should be Fat 32 but I'm not 100% certain 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Greenhorn
Richy

Is there any way to find it?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

None that I'm aware of 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Genius
GeoffH

I put a brand new Kingston 64gb card into my Z1 and it worked straight away, it is formated exfat

I suspect your card is faulty - have you tried it in anything else

and I've never heard of that make before

Sage
Archanos

[ Edited ]

SDHC are suppose to be formatted with FAT32, SDHC standard supports max of 32GB capacity.

SDXC (64GB and more) are always exFAT formatted out of the box, otherwise they cannot be used.

you can easily find out the filesystem by inserting the card to any SD reader (USB stick or built in laptop's reader) and checking it's properties on the computer (Windows XP with exFAT patch installed, Vista SP2+, Windows 7, Windows 8, some modern linux distros).

If your card is 64GB it should be formatted with exFAT filesystem, it is designed for exFAT, otherwise it might not work at all.

----------
When everything have failed already, try to read the manual.
Kudos mean I am helpful. Am I for you? Then support me back :smileyhappy:

One time poster
husseinsky

so what !!!!!!!!!!!! ?????????????

me too he same 

i have sandisk 64 gb card what we have to do to make it work with  z1 

Adept
rency_07_22

I have my SanDisk 64 GB microSDXC UHS-1 card and put it in from the box, and as of today, I still haven't encountered any issues. exFAT format should be okay with Z1.

One time poster
Akeyla

i am experiencing the exact same problem but with a sony 32gb micro SD, did you ever resolve the issue??

alexdon

Probably it is the sony card incompatibility or you could go for a low level format.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us - J.R.R. Tolkien