Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Enthusiast
bloodfire1004

Xperia Transfer not working

I'm trying to transfer Contacts and Messages from my old Xperia P to my Xperia Z1. I've successfully backed up the content from my old phone and am on the step of transferring to Z1. However, the Xperia Transfer software always throws an error when I'm trying to transfer on the last step! It kind of hangs a bit and then throws out an error after awhile.

Any solutions to this? Or alternatives?

Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Re: Xperia Transfer not working

I’m not aware of any alternatives for the messages but contacts can be transferred via SIM if you wish. As far as a solution goes I would advise starting the whole process again as the backup may be corrupt.

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
James_B

Not getting this to work either. Sony PC Companion freezez during the last part of the transfer, (from iPhone to Z1) and I've tried a different usb port, restarted, tried a different backup-file and everything. Running on a x64 Windows7 home laptop.

Any advice?

Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Hi James_B and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Try creating a new backup but without any media data like pictures, music or video as this can occasionally be the cause of the problem.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.