Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Sony Xperia Support
Rickard

Re: Vibration issue?

Yes, if you keep tapping one single key repeatedly vibration decreases after a while.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Apprentice
Insatri

It happens when I alternate as well. But then again, it's very very hard to manage to actually reproduce the "issue" (overall, it's working great).

I know for example that an Xperia Z (in perfect condition) doesn't vibrate anymore if it's vertically put on the table, and little pressure is put on top of it. Maybe it's the case here, but the vibration motor is placed somewhere else and I accidentally touch it while holding the phone in my hand? I don't know, I'm just assuming right now... the thing is i really don't want to go to a service, I'll keep it as a last option (the idea of them "trying to fix" my phone isn't very appealing). I have it insured though, maybe it can be exchanged.

Sony Xperia Support
Rickard

If you apply pressure to the phone or bend it slightly (which is not recommended) the vibration may be affected.

It's hard to say if there's anything wrong with your phone or not without investigation on service but try the vibration under Settings -> About phone -> Diagnostics and hold the phone at different angles. If you don't have any problem then i would not worry.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Apprentice
Insatri

[ Edited ]

I've made three tests, spinning the phone and keeping it at different angles (moving it both slowly and faster in the process). It constantly vibrated throughout each test...

The only mention is that when I was quickly flipping the phone the vibration stopped for less than half-a-second (maybe even less).  After that, it continued to vibrate strong and continous. I assume this is normal, since the motor was re-calibrating for the new position?

-later edit-

OK, I've been to the closest Vodafone center (the store from where I've actually bought the phone) and I've tried to reproduce the "issue" on another kit. Same behaviour, I've easily managed to follow all the steps mentioned above and kill the vibrations! So it's not a problem at all, most likely that's how the Z1 should act in that particular moment. Pfew! :smileyhappy:

Enthusiast
SergioPL

Insatri wrote:

I've made three tests, spinning the phone and keeping it at different angles (moving it both slowly and faster in the process). It constantly vibrated throughout each test...

The only mention is that when I was quickly flipping the phone the vibration stopped for less than half-a-second (maybe even less).  After that, it continued to vibrate strong and continous. I assume this is normal, since the motor was re-calibrating for the new position?

-later edit-

OK, I've been to the closest Vodafone center (the store from where I've actually bought the phone) and I've tried to reproduce the "issue" on another kit. Same behaviour, I've easily managed to follow all the steps mentioned above and kill the vibrations! So it's not a problem at all, most likely that's how the Z1 should act in that particular moment. Pfew! :smileyhappy:

Mine does it too. I always had haptic disabled in Xperia P because it was annoying and too hard. I like the one in Z1. It's very smooth. But... sometimes I can type one, maybe two words and it disappears, sometimes I can write long e-mail and it works fine. If haptic vibration disappears it comes back after 1 - 2 minutes with screen off. Really strange. Just checked it again. It turned vibrations off when I started to type very fast.

I did "Diagnostics / vibrations" test before trying to reproduce this error. Vibrations were working fine. After haptic feedback disappeared vibrations in diagnostics stopped working too. Left the phone with screen off for two minutes. Vibration came back. 

What's more funny. Sometimes haptic disappears and few words later it starts working again.

I did factory restore using Bridge for Mac when tried to troubleshot WiFi issue so it is not the bad firmware case. It happened on two versions of firmware. Now I'm waiting for the newest one to roll out into Poland. We will see. I feel better that it's not only mine problem :-)

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z1 / Nexus 7 (2012)
Apprentice
Insatri

Just tilt the phone horizontally, it should instantly restore the vibrations.

One time poster
johnmueller

[ Edited ]

Yes exactly, I have this exact same issue as SergioPL. To my understanding, it has nothing to do with the devices physical position in space. Tilting it has no effect on vibration. It happens most often if I type very quickly on my keyboard. The vibration motor will turn off for a couple of minutes and not even the Vibration Test in the Diagnostics app will work.

What firmware do you guys use? I use version 534. I'd like to know whether its faulty hardware or software, so just in case I can get my device swapped out.

Enthusiast
Harime

I also have a vibration issue, let's see if someone can explain it.

My girlfriend and I both have a Xperia Z1, she has the purple and i have the black (C6903).

In my Z1 with the haptic response activated (vibration every time i touch a key), if I spam "clicks" very fast, my vibration goes stronger and stronger and stronger to a point where it's very strong and noisy. The vibration in my girlfriend's Z1 is softer and it never goes to the point where the vibration gets too strong or loud.

Shouldn't the vibration be regulated by the OS in strength? I mean, don't allow it to go past a certain point of strength even if you spam keys?

I didn't find anywhere where i could regulate the vibration length or strength.

Sony Xperia Z1
Enthusiast
SergioPL

Harime wrote:

I also have a vibration issue, let's see if someone can explain it.

My girlfriend and I both have a Xperia Z1, she has the purple and i have the black (C6903).

In my Z1 with the haptic response activated (vibration every time i touch a key), if I spam "clicks" very fast, my vibration goes stronger and stronger and stronger to a point where it's very strong and noisy. The vibration in my girlfriend's Z1 is softer and it never goes to the point where the vibration gets too strong or loud.

Shouldn't the vibration be regulated by the OS in strength? I mean, don't allow it to go past a certain point of strength even if you spam keys?

I didn't find anywhere where i could regulate the vibration length or strength.

Go to Settings / Language & Keyboard. Tap Settings icon on the right side of Xperia International Keyboard and on the bottom you will find Sound & Vibration. There you can set vibration feedback intensity using slider.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z1 / Nexus 7 (2012)
Enthusiast
Harime

It's not only when I type, and that doesn't limit the maximum strength of the vibration.

If I keep spamming it keeps getting stronger and very loud.
Sony Xperia Z1