Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Rajeshkc

How to use WiFi Direct in XPERIA Z1

I am trying to transfer a file by using wifi direct to other device. but I am unable to send any file.

It was failed all the time. Please help! how can i use this feature in Xperia Z1? Is this working or it just for show?

Community Manager
Johan

Re: How to use WiFi Direct in XPERIA Z1

To be able to send a file via Wi-Fi direct you'll need to use an application that supports Wi-Fi direct and also pair your phone with the other device.

To Wi-Fi pair your phone with another device go to, Settings > Wi-Fi > Options > Wi-Fi direct.

One time poster
DavidJack

Not able to pair with other device 

Apprentice
endinako

Can someone help me with Vpn and Access point settings. I have problem with opening some of ma notifications as it would load and say "server error"
Apprentice
Ramz1

xperia z1 does not have full native support for wifi direct lke the Samsung mobiles do..

for e.g. you cant send movies via wifi direct using the native movies app.

You will have to install File Commander or Office suite on the mobile to which you intend to send the files to make this work.