Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
msc90

xperia z screen broke, cannot get into my files on my pc as there is passphrase on my device

Hi, Please help.

I recently dropped my device and the sreen cracked. As a result of this the touch screen dose not work so i cannot get past my passcode to unlock the phone. Before i get my device fixed i would like to get all my files ( photos ect) off my device in case i lose them all when its getting repaired. Tried to go on it through my pc but still said it cant sync unless i put my code in.

Dose any one know if thier is any other way i can put the code in with out using the touch screen? Thanks for all the help any one can give me :smileyhappy:

One time poster
msc90

Re: xperia z screen broke, cannot get into my files on my pc as there is passphrase on my device

by the way, its a xperia z lol

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: xperia z screen broke, cannot get into my files on my pc as there is passphrase on my device

connect your phone to a PC > on your computer > computer > xperia Z > internal storage > copy/paste everything to your PC

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Genius
GeoffH

possibly with a USB external keyboard, I don't think you can accress the phone until you enter the pin to unlock it

One time poster
Adam_L

I had the same issue.

The Xperia Z supports USB OTG so you can use a computer mouse to access the screen by connecting it to the phone with a 'male micro USB to Female USB OTG' cable. No setup required just connect it up and use the mouse to enter your passcode and do anything else you need to.

Once unlocked you can connect it to your PC to copy everything across.

One time poster
JC123

uliwooly wrote:

connect your phone to a PC > on your computer > computer > xperia Z > internal storage > copy/paste everything to your PC

I Cannot even reach the "internal storage" screen?

One time poster
mikemears

Xeperia Z Worst Phone Ever -- and even worse support from Sony

UNFORTUNATELY Purchased Experia Z 2 months ago.  Almost immediately experienced a hairline crack in the front screen.  Soon after, same thing on the back.  This phone was NEVER abused, dropped, etc.  The cracking progressed until the touchscreen became inoperative (today).  Without the touchscreen, the phone cannot be unlocked to retrieve ANY info, contact, pics, etc.  SONY's brilliant response is to plug it into a PC and retrieve the info.  DUH ... the phone is LOCKED and CANNOT be unlocked without the touchscreen working.  Then she asked ... "did you try unlocking it?"   Nope - hadn't thought of that.  What a brilliant idea.  So then the SONY rep's reponse was ... and you can't make this up ... "I use the Experia and don't have any problems."  Really?  Well congratulations!  That makes me feel so much better and magically made my phone spring to life.  You moron!!!  I told the rep about the NUMEROUS blogs and info on the Internet concerning the fragile screen and associated problems.  Of course she'd never heard of ANY SUCH THING. Apparently all the Experia's are PERFECT except for mine.  They would appear to take their Customer Service lessons from the federal govenrnment in Washington, DC ... in other words, they can't get out of their own way.  Oh .. and then they asked if it was water-damaged.  Yep, they actually asked that about their WATERPROOF phone being water damaged.

Will NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER SONY PRODUCT OF ANY KIND EVER and will do everything possible to re-tell this wonderful story to anyone willing to listen..

Perhaps the title of this particular site should be Experia could-Care-less ....

And btw, when I press 1 for English .. it would be nice to actually GET ENGLISH ...

Go ahead SONY, contact me.  Let's see if you can top the stupidity I've experienced from your Customer Service people so far.  Although that would a real stretch ..................

One time poster
Cyberhacker42

How do you enter the passcode via the pc? i cant seem to do it. i am running windows 8. Could someone possibly make me a video?

One time poster
usernames_are_hard

[ Edited ]

@Adam_L - I vouch for this approach - purchased an OTG adapter for less than $10, plugged in my mouse and it worked like a minilaptop. Gave me full control over the phone when all touch screen capability was gone.

This is the exact adapter I used: http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/comsol-mic-usb-to-usb-otg-adap-cou2mbaad

Visitor
whybuysonyphones

i have the same issue